B&M kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I get the real ale one I may do a partial mash
Still can't believe the price
When you think a 1kg can of extract is over a tenner alone

My son bought me a tequila and lime lager for fathers day (wouldn't be my choice) put it on yesterday in my 25ltr fv made up to 12.5 ltrs as instructions with bottled water. Smelt really good, might be a nice summer drink, we'll see. If I don't drink it I'm sure the missus will.

My son bought me a tequila and lime lager for fathers day (wouldn't be my choice) put it on yesterday in my 25ltr fv made up to 12.5 ltrs as instructions with bottled water. Smelt really good, might be a nice summer drink, we'll see. If I don't drink it I'm sure the missus will.
I’m guessing he drinks Desperados and hopes you won’t like this.

Has anyone tasted the IPA kit yet?
I bottled mine 4 days ago and it's almost completely clear already. Carbing up nicely as well.:nod:

Any other original or final gravity readings done? And did you make it to 10 litres or the 11.5 they tell you?

I just made it and have split it into two and used spraymalt in one of them - realised I did the calculation wrong to get the same abv so might pop some more in. Doing it in demijohns so will dilute each to 5 litres when I batch prime.

I thought that the wort might be more watery than a standard kit but using the brewers' friend calculator it comes out smack on 1056 at 10 litre.

Somebody thought this might have M44 yeast. All the stuff I've read about it says it's slow to start - mine has a hella krausen 8 hours in.

Last edited:
Any other original or final gravity readings done? And did you make it to 10 litres or the 11.5 they tell you?
I just made it and have split it into two and used spraymalt in one of them - realised I did the calculation wrong to get the same abv so might pop some more in. Doing it in demijohns so will dilute each to 5 litres when I batch prime.
I thought that the wort might be more watery than a standard kit but using the brewers' friend calculator it comes out smack on 1056 at 10 litre.

Somebody thought this might have M44 yeast. All the stuff I've read about it says it's slow to start - mine has a hella krausen 8 hours in.
I made it to 11.5 L and started at 1045 last Monday. Just added hops this morning at 1006.

I bottled mine 4 days ago and it's almost completely clear already. Carbing up nicely as well.:nod:
Looks like we're all in the same boat
I'm bottling myn up tomorrow
Smells
I think we're all in the'same boat mate
I'm bottling myn tomorrow so won't be able to do a test till a good month
Smells amazing though sure you noticed the same

Looks like we're all in the same boat
I'm bottling myn up tomorrow
Smells

I think we're all in the'same boat mate
I'm bottling myn tomorrow so won't be able to do a test till a good month
Smells amazing though sure you noticed the same
Yeah, it did smell really nice. Tasted nice for raw beer as well.
I bought the last two on the shelf in B&M. Brewed this one as kit instructions to see how it came out, with a view to adding some extra hops with the second one.

Bought another IPA one Saturday couldnt resist
Will have to make sure I'm on top of temperature control though. this week's gonna be a hot sweaty dew flaps one

Yeah, it did smell really nice. Tasted nice for raw beer as well.
I bought the last two on the shelf in B&M. Brewed this one as kit instructions to see how it came out, with a view to adding some extra hops with the second one.
Yea I added some hops but I may just sprinkle the yeast this time see if there's any difference between rehydrated

Bought another IPA one Saturday couldnt resist
Will have to make sure I'm on top of temperature control though. this week's gonna be a hot sweaty dew flaps one
I know. Brewed a Lemondrop wheatbeer yesterday and I'm strugling to keep the temp down to something reasonable.
Don't have a brew fridge so It's sitting in a builders trug with a wet T-Shirt on.

The B&M kit went off quite quickly without rehydrating, so I'll probably do the same withe the second one..

On the split I've done with these they're in demijohns but I left a lot of space. The one with the brewing sugar has just squeezed a little froth out of the airlock, the one with DME has gone full Exorcist and I might need to call Ghostbusters. Temp controlled to 19c, too. I've got the probe on the DJ. A separate thermometer for ambient temp is over a degree lower and they're calibrated to each other, just like you'd expect.

Bought 2 of the real ale kits and made up to 20 litres,was off like a rocket in less than 3 hrs with a 3 inch krausen ,if it's good I'm going back for more.
Have brewed this to the instructions on the kit but mat well be tweaking after I've assessed the result

I bottled the 'as per instructions' (but with 2 yeast packs) batch last Tuesday and bottled the second batch today. The second batch was boosted to 1.070OG with 500g of spraymalt and reduced to 10 litres, dry hopped with the packet in the box plus 50g Simcoe for a week.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just trying on of these now. It's really nice just made up as instructions. Only had it's 2 weeks in the fv and 1 week carbing. threw one in the fridge last night.
Gone from nice and clear to hazy but it's got a nice subtle taste to it. Fairly bitter and dry, just right for me.
The best thing is that there's no hint of the home brew twang that I remember from doing kits before.
I'd definitely buy it again and probably add some extra dry hop or a hop tea to give it a bit more fruitiness. To be fair though it's nice and refreshing as it is. A Real steal for £7.99.

I've also just cracked one and it's a great beer for the price. Fantastic on a scorching day like today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back