B&M kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well just cracked open the first bottle of the American IPA and have to say I'm very impressed. Excellent aroma and taste and plenty of carbonation.

For £8 a kit this is very good beer.

Attachments

• 20180720_202330.jpg
    20180720_202330.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 129
I asked in my local B&M if they were going to continually restock these kits.
The manager told me he had no idea. Stock arrives, they display it and sell it he said.

Has anyone actually tasted the real ale yet? We may be missing a treat if the IPA and lager are as good as reports suggest.
I've just bought the real ale I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'll post when it's done.

I bottled my american IPA today! Tasted good from the trial jar. Wouldve prefered to keep it in the keg considering my abv is only 4.2% but i simply dont drink enough and itll go to waste! Going to look into mini kegs cause bottling just isnt fun and i prefer a lower carbonation beer particulary if the abv is less than 5%.

A few day on from my last post and the clinical taste has disappeared from the Real Ale kit and now left with a nice hoppy beer. Its a while since i have brewed what is essentially a one can kit with dextrose and have to say i am well impressed. At £8 i will buy another to brew as an inbetweener. Would like to try the IPA but out of the 7-8 stores i have tried on my travels none have had any in stock.

Cracked open my first bottle of the real ale kit last night.
Really impressed - very hoppy, nice low carbonation ( I used
50g sugar in the end) and very refreshing in the heat.

Made one of the ipa up for a garden party but dry hopped it with 50g each of citra and azacca (think the hops were more than the kit!) Filled a couple of mini kegs primed with 13g sugar each and they were great. Real thirst quencher!

I've started an IPA (well 2) off yesterday. 2 of these done to 23L. Replaced kit yeast with a CML real ale yeast & added a jar of H&B malt extract. It's gone off like a rocket - first time I've had foam coming out of the airlock! Didn't have time to fit my blow off tube this morning, so will do that when I get home from work but it's sat in a water bath so won't be upsetting MrsK. I'll keep the small sachets for boosting any Muntons 6g sachets that come along. I'll probably end up boosting the hops a bit with whatever I've got in but that's a week away. SG was 1050 so could be looking at about 5.8% when done.

Passed two B&M on Saturday & both only had the real ale kits in. The IPA seem to be the scarce ones.

With the split batch I did the one where I exchanged the dextrose with malt really killed off what I think the kit is going for. It really subdued the hops compared to the straight kit. The straight kit was really fruity, but still really alcohol tasting. I'm aging them for at least 2 weeks before trying any more.

Tried the real ale out of the pressure barrel,it's a little lighter than I expected but pleasantly hoppy ,a lovely summer session beer

The website currently lists the beer kits at £5.99. Sadly my local store doesn't stock them as they don't have a license to sell alcohol? Seems a little premature.

The website currently lists the beer kits at £5.99. Sadly my local store doesn't stock them as they don't have a license to sell alcohol? Seems a little premature.

Will be popping it to our store this weekend to see what's left. Fingers crossed there'll be a few. At £5.99 a go they're even more of a bargain than before. Sounds like they're only a one off though :(

Cheers Tom

Both my locals seem to be out of the IPA yesterday and this morn, plenty of real ale and lager though.

£8 for 10 litres is pretty expensive - does anybody know the weight of malt extract and if there is any barley syrup in it - Coopers kits probably a better bet...

Just bought a real ale and an American ipa.
They're made at the same place as mangrove jack (Ellesmere Port).
There's a nitrogen or co2 flushed pack of pellets for dry hopping in each kit. The real ale contains 900g of liquid extract and a 500g pack of dextrose to take it to its target gravity. The ipa has 1.25kg of extract plus the same 500g of dextrose as the real ale.

Bargain for £8 I'd say

Cheers. Tom

There you go. Can't comment about the lager but I think they're 800g of malt along with the dextrose and pack of hop pellets

Cheers. Tom

Back