Back After 2 years: Mexican Larger

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyral210

Brewing like a mad scientist
Reaction score
And... I’m back! I used to brew constantly and haunt these forums day and night. Then I got married and had a baby, so that stopped. But the world pandemic has me brewing again. If the worlds going to end, I’m going down with 40 bottles of beer.

As we enter spring I’m brewing a Bulldog a Mexican Larger kit - Cortez Gold - as a dark joke: fake corona. I know this isn’t real brewing, I’m using a kit, but with a 1 year old starting up again fully is hard. So I’m getting my hand back into the fermentation game to create an end of the world beer

Welcome back! I'm back too after a many-year hiatus. No good excuse like you, I'm just lazy!

And... I’m back! I used to brew constantly and haunt these forums day and night. Then I got married and had a baby, so that stopped. But the world pandemic has me brewing again. If the worlds going to end, I’m going down with 40 bottles of beer.

As we enter spring I’m brewing a Bulldog a Mexican Larger kit - Cortez Gold - as a dark joke: fake corona. I know this isn’t real brewing, I’m using a kit, but with a 1 year old starting up again fully is hard. So I’m getting my hand back into the fermentation game to create an end of the world beer
Welcome back
Brewing is brewing, Kit or All Grain.
Enjoy

Update on the kit. It tasted like a mild ale instead of a lager. Tastes good but didn’t hit the Mark. Then again, I didn’t ferment it like a lager, so that could be the reason

I'm sure there will be but I've never done a lager or a kit. There is a liquid Mexican lager yeast WLP940 that sounds like a good bet. I guess you'd want a fairly neutral yeast with a good attenuation for a dry finish, I'm sure there are plenty on here that can advise.

Back