Back to brewing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Portreath

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All,

It's been a while since I've last posted, new job, new house and a bit more free time now. Anyhow, thought I'd get stuck in to brewing again with an AG Barley/Porter hybrid which should be good for Christmas 2021.
Simple recipe, with pale, chocolate, crystal, scraps of torrified wheat, honey and a corn sugar. Should could out at about 10.5abv and aiming for about 15ltrs
Grain bill is out in the garden sitting in the homemade mash tun at ~65c, planning a 2hr boil with good old EGK.

I was going to go simple to ease back into brewing but, naahhhhhh!!! sod it, go for the biggi :D

I'm getting ready to bottle this today, I've 3 demijohns and a bit so around 15ltrs in all, it's come out at about 9.8% ABV so not too bad for a quick throw together really. Taste from the sample is good, nice honey hit and plenty of flavour. Going to leave this to condition for as along as I can, Christmas 2021 sound a good plan.

Latest posts

Back