Bad brew signs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks normal to me. If you get an infection on the surface it tends to look like this.
I have had two brews infected with this, a Berliner Weisse and a Dunkel Weizen. Being a tight git I couldn't bring myself to bin them so just bottled them. I have to say they tasted more bitter than neat lemon juice! 😖
My elderly neighbour wanted to try one as he likes a sour beer. He very politely said that he thought it was just a tad on the sour side! Slight understatement there I thought, but he is a proper gentleman. Bless him.

I have had two brews infected with this, a Berliner Weisse and a Dunkel Weizen. Being a tight git I couldn't bring myself to bin them so just bottled them. I have to say they tasted more bitter than neat lemon juice! 😖
My elderly neighbour wanted to try one as he likes a sour beer. He very politely said that he thought it was just a tad on the sour side! Slight understatement there I thought, but he is a proper gentleman. Bless him.
Forgot to say I drank the whole lot 🙂

Latest posts

Back