Badger Golden Glory clone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanshelton

Landlord.
Reaction score
Cant seem to find a clone that anyone has done in the past 2 years so through reading bits and pieces but this together.

Thoughts please

Peachy (Special/Best/Premium Bitter)

Original Gravity (OG): 1.045 (°P): 11.2
Final Gravity (FG): 1.011 (°P): 2.8
Alcohol (ABV): 4.42 %
Colour (SRM): 6.1 (EBC): 12.0
Bitterness (IBU): 42.4 (Average - No Chill Adjusted)

97.06% Maris Otter Malt
2.94% Caramalt

2.2 g/L Fuggles (5.7% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil)
0.6 g/L Challenger (6.1% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil)
0.4 g/L Challenger (6.1% Alpha) @ 0 Minutes (Boil)

0.6 g/L Dried Elderflowers @ 15 Minutes (Boil)

Single step Infusion at 67°C for 90 Minutes. Boil for 60 Minutes

Fermented at 20°C with Safale S-04

20ml peach shnapps added to secondary for the peachy flavour

:cheers:

ryanshelton said:
It's the only way I could figure to get the peach flavour to come through so strongly

I opened a peach yoghurt at work the other day and the smell made me think American C hops.

brewuk do a extract kit for this ,ive just finised drinking mine , spot on drink, more like golden glory than golden glory itself!

padders said:
brewuk do a extract kit for this ,ive just finised drinking mine , spot on drink, more like golden glory than golden glory itself!

Interesting website. I see they also do Proper Job. I live abroad and popped back to the UK for a week last month (family party) and had a bottle of Proper Job and it was definitely the most flavoursome beer I had all week and I had quite a few. :whistle:
I also really like Golden Glory too.

Might be worth investing in one or two of their extract kits.

I've had a go at this myself.

I added a small bottle of Peach Schnapps essence. The beer turned out well enough but the peach didn't come through at all :(
I'm wondering if these are all very similar or if one particular brand is more potent than the others?

Cheers Tom

I have brewed this a couple of times. The first time I added a 20ml bottle of peach schnapps essence when kegging and it was lovely but a tad too peachy.

The second time I did the same but only added about two thirds of the bottle and it was spot on.

Quick update on this. Only bottled it last Friday but had to have a sample bottle for 'trial' purposes :D

Obviously being so young carbonation is a issue but putting that aside itll be a lovely brew. Nice peachy aroma and lovely peach taste thats not to strong.

Ive put 10L into a polypin so will bring it to TST14 :cheers:

great news gunna av to get some elder flowers in
but i have a citra brew next week followed by a smoked beer week after
:thumb:

Latest posts

Back