Bag-in-a-box/Beer Engine Carbonation Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatty

Reaction score
Hi friends. I was hoping some of you might have some helpful guidance. Has anyone else used bag-in-a-box for conditioning and serving homebrew? I love a good cask ale, though I live in Alaska, and before the pandemic there were only 2 places in the state that served beer through a handpull, and now there's currently none. So I purchased my own handpull along with a bag-in-the-box connector. I've been priming my beer and letting it condition in the bags, though when I pull the finished beer through my engine, it ends up being under carbonated. Quite a bit of pressure builds up in the bags, which causes the bags to expand. I'm thinking this may create too much head space for the beer to properly carbonate? If anyone has any thoughts or helpful suggestions, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks guys. I hope all is well, and hope everyone has been enjoying some good homebrew. Best.

There's loads of stuff here. Just search "beer engine polypin" and you'll find plenty.

Here's one I was involved in recently >here< and you'll find an alternative solution looking up stuff by @Coffin Dodger.

There's loads of stuff here. Just search "beer engine polypin" and you'll find plenty.

Here's one I was involved in recently >here< and you'll find an alternative solution looking up stuff by @Coffin Dodger.
Thank you, peebee. It's much appreciated. I hope all is well in your brewing life.

Latest posts

Back