Bakers yeast alcohol tolerance

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@LED_ZEP
Some of your post above is not correct.
We left the EU on 31Jan2020. That means we have no political representation in the EU.
However we are in a 'transition period' where we are basically bound by EU regulations, and its legal system. This period expires on 31Dec2020, with or without an agreement on our future relationship with the EU particularly concerning trade.

Oh boy i have really lit the blue touchpaper this time.

A useful guide is if the government don't want you to do something the law is framed in "catchall terms" if on the other hand they are driven by public opinion the law has normally more loop holes than a piece of Swiss cheese.

Last edited:
Anyone know if Brewmeister - another Scottish company that started and immediately made a fractionally frozen beer, have a distiller's licence or had one back then?

I'm just having a wee glass of Poitín, before staggering off to bed!

Cracked record time.
Making cider stronger by freezing it isn't making a Spirit and it's not distilling, you can read that quote from HMRC whichever way suits and as this subject has been allowed to be discussed here several times in the past it suits me not to ban it.
As the subject of the OP is miles off topic and nothing is going to change the rule on discussing freeze distilling in the forum this is the final word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back