Bakers yeast turbo cidet

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alside101

Landlord.
Reaction score
So i got 4.5l apple juice from where i work for 40p as it has only a few days on the use by date so I'm thinking of doing it with some raspberry Lowics. But i dont have any cider or wine yeast i do however have some bakers yeast would this be good enough or would it ruin it

Thanks in advance Al

If you've got any beer kit yeast, especially Coopers, I've heard good reports where people have used Coopers yeast for TC.

Just get some cider yeast off ebay. You should be able to get it cheap enough and quick enough.
Yeah, Crossmyloof will get them to you pretty quick and even with waiting it'll probably finish faster than if you used bread yeast. I did a side by side with 4 yeasts making skeeter pee and even with standard nutrient and boiled yeast as nutrient the bread yeast took aaaaages compared to the others. The Wilko wine compound was fastest.

What do you mean is dated the third? If it's the juice then don't worry about that.

Its dated 3rd so i dont think il get it in time. Thanks anyway
I've used apple juice a month out of date before with no I'll effects, it'll be fine, wait for some brew yeast as I've tried the bread yeast and was rank.

Latest posts

Back