Ball bags

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the op 30 plus years ago when my third was a toddler. The op was pretty uneventful. Talked about cricket with the surgeon all through the procedure. The most alarming bit was arriving home feeling a bit “delicate” only for my youngest son to come running up to greet me and “nut” me in my delicate place! Bless him ashock1

The needle is the worst part, the ache is the most annoying and uncomfortable.

I needed an extra injection in my left too. I could feel him pulling and what felt like sawing a "rubber" tube! Not as painful as the needle but the kind of thing that makes u feel queezy!

Ice pack, bed rest and milk it as long as you can if you partner is anything like mine she'd have had me laying roof tiles the following day if it'd needed doing! Lol

The needle is the worst part, the ache is the most annoying and uncomfortable.

I needed an extra injection in my left too. I could feel him pulling and what felt like sawing a "rubber" tube! Not as painful as the needle but the kind of thing that makes u feel queezy!

Ice pack, bed rest and milk it as long as you can if you partner is anything like mine she'd have had me laying roof tiles the following day if it'd needed doing! Lol
I've told the Mrs its on a par to recovering from a c section. She's not an idiot though.

I had mine done 12 years ago and the doctor was incredibly beautiful.

Twas kinda weird looking down at a stunning redhead in her late twenties fondling my doo-daaas. However she was very sweet and said my involuntary biological reaction kept 'that' out of the way so she could jab a needle in me plums. I was initially extremely embarrassed until the pain of the local anaesthetic hit. You've never seen an involuntary biological reaction disappear quite so quickly!!!
Rest of the operation was easy, just faintly off putting hearing singeing flesh where normally you would go to extreme lengths to avoid any such thing.
Recovery involved cycling shorts for a few days and then I was right as rain.

Edited to add:
There can be psychological ramifications to doing this for some men. In exactly the same way some women can be psycologically impacted by becoming infertile - even if they have finished having kids - it can have an impact on your subconscious without you realising. A study I saw showed that men suffering erectile disfunction due to depression or anxiety was higher in those who had had the snip than those who hadnt

Last edited:
Edited to add:
There can be psychological ramifications to doing this for some men. In exactly the same way some women can be psycologically impacted by becoming infertile - even if they have finished having kids - it can have an impact on your subconscious without you realising. A study I saw showed that men suffering erectile disfunction due to depression or anxiety was higher in those who had had the snip than those who hadnt

Yes I read and heard all of that, but as someone who suffered with anxiety since my dad dropped dead a few years ago (just that heart racing creeping feeling you can just get) so was concerned about this aswell, but actually on flip side it can make you carefree and I found personally it made me more confident. TMI I know. That being said yes it is worth pointing it all out

Now then gentlemen.

It's one of the hottest sweatiest days of the year and I'm off for the snip...

Any other "Decommissioned" men have any tips for me and my swift recovery?

I remember my dad saying his swelled up like a coconut and he had crutches. But he may well have used a local farmer instead of a doctor.

And another mate paid for a general anesthetic so he was out for the whole thing. Coward!

As others have said, the worse bit is the anaesthetic needle (dare I say little prick?) For a few days after, they felt very heavy and the surgeon recommended wearing a pair of Mrs T’s For support. That lasted about thirty seconds, way too uncomfortable. I’m so glad I’m not kinky.

You know that feeling about an hour after you get kicked in the nuts? The sharp pain has gone and left an aching, sensitive nagging pain? I had that for about a week afterwards. The Op itself was pretty straightforward though.

I'm going to have to get booked in for one soon. My best man told me that years ago, when he went for his, he had to drop their cat off at the vets on the way for the exact same operation.

He was properly miffed that the cat got to stay overnight at the vets to check everything was ok, while he was just kicked out the door afterwards :laugh8:

I'm going to have to get booked in for one soon. My best man told me that years ago, when he went for his, he had to drop their cat off at the vets on the way for the exact same operation.

He was properly miffed that the cat got to stay overnight at the vets to check everything was ok, while he was just kicked out the door afterwards :laugh8:
Did he want to stay overnight at the vets too?

All the NHS places were 45 to 55 week waiting lists. But one of the options I had as an NHS referral was a Marie Stopes place. 5 or 6 weeks only. So when you have your doctor get a referral try and get them to give you a few options.

I got it done just over 2 years ago. Felt great afterwards, wife took me out for my lunch and everything.

About 6 hours after the procedure the anaesthetic wore off and it was a tad painful. Took the next day off work then back in the office the day after.

I had mine done 12 years ago and the doctor was incredibly beautiful.

Twas kinda weird looking down at a stunning redhead in her late twenties fondling my doo-daaas. However she was very sweet and said my involuntary biological reaction kept 'that' out of the way so she could jab a needle in me plums. I was initially extremely embarrassed until the pain of the local anaesthetic hit. You've never seen an involuntary biological reaction disappear quite so quickly!!!
Rest of the operation was easy, just faintly off putting hearing singeing flesh where normally you would go to extreme lengths to avoid any such thing.
Recovery involved cycling shorts for a few days and then I was right as rain.

Edited to add:
My mate had it done, he got an infection and went into a deep depression.
He sadly ended up commiting suicide.
If you had met him you would have voted him the man least likely to.
Lovely family, loved his hobbies, liked nothing better than having friends round for BBQs.

My mate had it done, he got an infection and went into a deep depression.
He sadly ended up commiting suicide.
If you had met him you would have voted him the man least likely to.
Lovely family, loved his hobbies, liked nothing better than having friends round for BBQs.

Oh man sorry to hear that

Latest posts

Back