Ball lock disconnect o-rings

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the ball lock posts on my corny kegs have two red o rings on them, as per the piccy. Anyone know a good supplier of them in bulk? I've brought a corny keg rebuild kit, and they don't appear to come with it. A pack of 100 would be great.
IMG_20200906_182655.jpg

I have two kegs and both a different one is the same as above and the other is a single seal o ring.

The one I have which is similar to the above I bought from Malt Miller, im sure they will point you in the right direction

So, disappointingly, Malt Miller just replied that there were spares sent with the corny and they would be getting some more in soon. Not really what I was after. :laugh8: I've taken a change that they are a standard size, Dash Number 111, and ordered a pac of silicone ones, as I understand they are better when cold, from polymax. I'll let you know if they fit!

I've taken a change that they are a standard size, Dash Number 111, and ordered a pac of silicone ones, as I understand they are better when cold, from polymax. I'll let you know if they fit!

Sorry for resurrecting this ancient thread, but did you get lucky with those O-rings?

No, they aren't the correct size as far as I can tell, they look ever so slightly too small, but I can't say I've had a chance to use them yet as I haven't been brewing (long story). If you are after some, I'm happy to post a couple to you if you fancy giving them a go. Just PM me an address.

The correct size for the post o rings are imperial 7/16" ID x 3/32" CS. I got a pack of 10 nitrile from ebay delivered for £2.94. These were to replace a silicone ring that had torn. Nitrile is much more tear resistant and less porous.

Silicone is not a good O ring, very porous to oxygen, not that durable and falls apart with silcone keg lube.
Better NBR ( nitrile ) or fluorine rubber rings.
Plenty of suppliers on aliexpress.
I've never seen those posts with two orings on, has someone not just squeezed 2 on there and you've inherited that?

@muppix
I think these are the right size having converted @foxbat info

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329....store_pc_groupList.8148356.28.f274662eIukXl6
What does everyone think?

I'm just about to order spares mostly NBR but wanted these to distinguish easier gas from liquid posts.
Also ordering spares for inside the keg posts and the orings on fermentasaurus.
This is the pack I've bought and are using on my single-ring AEB kegs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171245861604
I'd be wary of buying metric denominated rings that look equivalent. You only need to be off by a fraction of a mm for it to either not fit or leak.

Thanks Foxbat - I've ordered some. I think the double ring is a poor solution. I have some kegs with two o rings and attaching the ball lock disconnect is a battle every time - really frustrating.

This is the pack I've bought and are using on my single-ring AEB kegs:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171245861604

I ordered a load of 'official' keg post O-rings from TMM since I just discovered a gas leak and wanted to be sure I have the right thing. Postage was only £3 too, but I'll grab some of those eBay hobbies as well.

I've tied a marker cable tie around the rubber keg handle nearest the gas post and written GAS on it.

If you're using AEB / Cornelius kegs you may find that each of the two rubber handles has a small notch on the upper surface nearest the gas disconnect. At least mine do.

I think the double ring is a poor solution. I have some kegs with two o rings and attaching the ball lock disconnect is a battle every time - really frustrating.

I've started using silicone grease on my disconnect o-rings to make it a bit easier. I only have the single ring type but noticed some wear and tear after what I'd class as not very much use at all, and today discovered a gas leak due to a worn o-ring. Lubricating the keg post o-rings just a little makes the disconnects easier to attach and remove (especially those stainless ones) and I'm hoping it'll extend the life of the o-rings too.

Latest posts

Back