Ball valve tap ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
5262D3D7-8006-4A0C-8CD0-5E232778EF44.jpeg
Gents and gals ... bought a ball valve tap today on impulse while buying a kitchen tap ! As you do ...

I want to replace tap on Peco.

This tap has two male ends and my bazooka filter is male as you can see.

What’s the bits I need to be able to fit altogether , and what bit would you fit to outside (tap and) ?

The female socket will do the job, all though it'll need a washer with rubber o-ring inbetween. Plus, lots of ptfe tape around the tap thread.

Attachments

• DSC_0081-01.jpeg
    DSC_0081-01.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 81
Hey OP, where did you get the tap from? I'm looking to upgrade my Peco boiler tap also, but I'm not sure what size I require...

Unless anyone knows the diameter required? Google isn't much use, and I'm too ill with the ManFlu to go out to the garage with my calipers :D

Sorry if I throw a spanner in the works, but will a Peco boiler walls have enough strength to take the weight of a metal ball tap. (esp. when boiling)
I think this has been discussed in other threads. BTW I do use a Peco myself.

Sorry if I throw a spanner in the works, but will a Peco boiler walls have enough strength to take the weight of a metal ball tap. (esp. when boiling)
To go off the subject a bit. I bought an SS Brew Kettle over a year ago which came with such a heavy, over-engineered tap that it looked as if it was going to deform the rather thin gauge stainless steel wall of the copper. Immediately replaced it with a much lighter ball valve tap. Works great . Still left with the lump of pig iron that came with the kettle though. A thing of beauty and a joy to behold but it belongs on a tanker, not a copper.

Yeah, I think so. Check this YouTube video, jump to half way through past his taste test.

Why not use a female 90 degree elbow? Screw the ball valve into that from the outside and the bazooka on the inside. Face the bazooka the way you whirlpool more than likely in a clockwise direction, keeps it tucked out of the way.

Latest posts

Back