Banana Beer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My lovely lass is partial to the odd pint or 5 of banana beer. It would be great if I could knock some up.... my question is does anyone know if there’s a similar kit, or how I could change an existing kit? Before I just jump in and try!!
Thanks!!

Interested ....heard of banana wine allways wanted to try but now beer bring it on

I know nothing about kits, but if it is something like the Eagle Banana Bread you’re trying to replicate, maybe an amber ale kit of some description (there’s a possibility it’s just Bombardier with bananas in), with some mashed banana (maybe 4 or 5 ripe bananas in 20ish litres?) added to primary once initial fermentation has completed for a few days before racking (like a kind of ‘dry banana-ing’ - ouch!).

jx

I know nothing about kits, but if it is something like the Eagle Banana Bread you’re trying to replicate, maybe an amber ale kit of some description (there’s a possibility it’s just Bombardier with bananas in), with some mashed banana (maybe 4 or 5 ripe bananas in 20ish litres?) added to primary once initial fermentation has completed for a few days before racking (like a kind of ‘dry banana-ing’ - ouch!).

jx

this was where my line of thought was going! I may use a banana extract though for a more bananary hit.....

Latest posts

Back