Banana wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://www.brewbitz.com/pages/banana-wine-recipe
I did this recipe about 16 months ago. The 6 bottles have been resting on the cork ever since and I decided to try a bottle tonight, and can only say that it’s bloody lovely. It’s a strong wine, coming out at 16.2%, but you don’t get that high alcohol taste when you drink it. It just tastes like a very nice fruit-ish wine. Its perfect served chilled and I’ll be making this one again.

I started off a 2 gallon batch nearly 3 months ago and it's only just finished fermenting, I followed the Brewbitz receipe. Wonderful aroma seems and to be very alcoholic.

Did you leave it alone for 16 months or did you "monitor" it's progress? Seems from feedback that this is a good receipe but needs to be left to mature?

I just left it for the 16 months. I usually leave any wines for at least 6 months before sampling them. I just never got around to trying this any earlier. I’m currently in the middle of doing a carrot wine, and once that’s done, I’ll probably do the banana wine again.

Ah, if only I'd read the whole thread aheadbutt Same receipe I've used, clearing nicely, just need the patience to leave it for half a year!

I followed the receipe adding the orange and lemon. When it started it was VERY citrusy and I was bit perturbed but that seems to have diminished. I'll give it a week or so to drop most of the crud and then into brown demijohns for 6 months. If you needed to top up what did you use? I'd normally go for water but I'm losing some of the colour as it's clearing.

Latest posts

Back