Base recipe for 'Easy Rose' Supermarket Juice Wine WOW - 5L

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok so Ive done a demijohn easy rose and love it! time to scale up.

5 litre RGJ
5 litre apple juice
4kg sugar (dissolved in water)
6 bag brew
5 tsp yeast
5 tsp nutrient
5 tsp pectralose
put in fermenting bucket
top up to 22litres

ferment until .995/bubbles stopped etc.

now what next?

syphon into 4 x 5 litre water containers onto a campden tab and fermentation stopper
degass by shaking
add 250ml apple juice
add finings
leave to clear
transfer 1 x to a 5litre bag inbox in fridge for consumption
transfer other 3 into clean 5litre water containers and leave in garage until time to drink

missed anything? any better way?

I would make up 1.5 litre of tea for the tannin 6 bags in a mug isn't going to be enough.

You can get away with 3 teaspoons of yeast as i was advised when i made my first big batch and it worked perfectly.

I would make up 1.5 litre of tea for the tannin 6 bags in a mug isn't going to be enough.

You can get away with 3 teaspoons of yeast as i was advised when i made my first big batch and it worked perfectly.

thanks.. every penny counts when making 50p bottles of wine ;-)

does my methodology look "ok" in terms of racking/degassing/storage?

You will need to keep them under airlock until they clear so as long as you can put them on the water bottles i cannot see a problem.

You will need to keep them under airlock until they clear so as long as you can put them on the water bottles i cannot see a problem.

ah ok. so I would need to put a bung and bubbler through the lid? or is it ok to just screw the lid on?

if i has to be the former then maybe I need a rethink.

You have to give it time for the stabiliser and finings to work and any gas given off needs to be able to escape i have had ones start fermenting again after topping up so a sealed container is a no no in my view.

yes of course.. I have ordered a 23l pet carboy and a degassing wand, I will rack into the carboy onto campden tablets and ferment stopper and degass. leave to clear and then syphon into 5l water bottles for storage. it wont be in them for longer than a month or two.

racked it yesterday into carboy onto 5 ccambden tabs, added fermentation stopper, degassed with wand and added kwik klear.
today - could see a layer of sediment on bottom or carboy and its murkey.. racked it into a clean FV - cleaned carboy and racked back into carboy. added another dose of kwik clear... not sure how clear this rose will get.

You didn't need to rack a second time and add more KwiK Clear if you had left it it would have been crystal clear in 48 hours.

You didn't need to rack a second time and add more KwiK Clear if you had left it it would have been crystal clear in 48 hours.

that's what I thought but there was a good old layer of sediment on the bottom even though I was careful racking the 1st time and did have a good layer of sediment and red grit? in the 1st FV

ill leave it now then.. hopefully it will be nice and clear tomorrow and I've not set myself back inadvertently

Wait until you can see the bottom of the FV clearly when you lift the lid it may take 24/48 hours.

its in a pet carboy now.. cant see through to the other side... i've decanted a bottles worth today and it's about as clear as last time i left it 24 hours.. a slight haze to it. ill give it another 24 hours. after that i reckon it would need a filter to polish it if i was bothered.. which im not.

Back