• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Basic 2" Cap Plastic Pressure Barrel Spares On Offer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My last 2” Youngs basic plastic PB has failed and it won’t be replaced.
I started out with four identical PBs and have accumulated some spares, some new, some recovered and therefore used.
Note the caps are basic caps with a simple relief valve, and are NOT caps fitted with an injection valve. I never bothered with gas I just primed and if necessary reprimed the PB which worked for me.

Anyway the list is
* 3 no. 2” caps c/w RV rubbers, no gaskets possibly all used
* 1 no. 2” cap fitted by me with a schrader type valve for testing, no RV
* 3 no. 2” cap gaskets new
* 1 no. 2” cap gaskets used
* 1 RV rubber for basic cap as above believed new
* 4 no. taps c/w gaskets, one believed new, n.b these are the reducing thread taps NOT the taps with a backing nut
* 4 no. tap gaskets new

Looking at one homebrew supplier all this lot would cost about £35 if bought new assuming they are in stock which some were not.
I am willing to sell for £12 as a job lot, plus signed for P&P at cost (just over £3?), through Paypal. The £12 would be then be a charitable donation from me to the British Heart Foundation which would be increased with Gift Aid. I am not interested in selling things item by item.

I cannot 100% guarantee that all the used items work perfectly but believe they are OK and serviceable or I wouldn't be selling them. In any case anyone who buys them should test before putting them into service, which is good advice even for a new PB.

So if anyone is interested send me a PM and we can sort something out

I have bumped this thread as the items still available. Anyone interested?
I will make nothing out of it but the British Heart Foundation would get a gift aided donation.

Latest posts

Back