Basic brewing software

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewfather is a great tool to have. I actually find it to be more reliable than the grainfather one I used to use. It’s free, but you can pay a fee to upgrade later if you find it helps with your process.

Another vote for Brewfather. I'm not aware of any software that holds itself out as for beginners, but I find Brewfather pretty easy to use and can be as simple or complicated as you want it to be. One massive advantage Brewfather has over Brewer's Friend is that it has a really good mobile app.

Last edited:
Have always used brewer's friend and found it excellent. However, if you want to use it on a phone, the brewer's friend mobile app does leave a lot to be desired...

Brewfather is excellent but there is definitely a learning curve when starting out.

Brewer's Friend is a good place to start out when you're mucking around with designing recipes. A load of great tools on their site too.

I have seen people using brewfather in YouTube vids and it looks nice, and considered getting it last year but I pay yearly for beersmith and it just renewed my account and all my recipes are on there so i'll just stick around for another year until I forget to unsubscribe again

I have seen people using brewfather in YouTube vids and it looks nice, and considered getting it last year but I pay yearly for beersmith and it just renewed my account and all my recipes are on there so i'll just stick around for another year until I forget to unsubscribe again
I have been looking at these programs and liked the look of Beersmith.
I'm a bit confused with it though. It says it's for the computer, but you need to buy a separate mobile app for the phone.
Since I'm not likely to be in the shed with the computer, I'm wondering how it gets to the phone.
How do you get on with it?

Latest posts

Back