Batch Priming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I have had experience of this scenario but that seems like a logical approach to solving the issue. You could always let it play out and see what state the beer is in after. If need be, you can correct the over carbing.

I remember using half the normal amount of priming sugar and it not carbing the beer enough. My go to volume was about 2/3's the normal amount. But then I ditched sugar for CO2 carbing.

I think I might well end up doing the same, but at the moment I only have a sodastream co2 source so thought it better to save the co2. Maybe it will prove a bad decision!

Based on the above, I think I'll let it play out and then search "fix over carbing" later if needs be 😃

Hi Tess, I tried this method with an imperial stout. I’d conditioned it for 9 months in a carboy then transferred to a corny keg and batch primed with yeast and sugar. Unfortunately it didn’t work for me but I think it was because I had too much head space. I’m not sure how much co2 is off gassed but I guess it’s not a lot so think you need small headspace to fill it and enable it to build pressure. In my case it was an10 litre batch in a 19 litre corny. In principle I see no reason why it wouldn’t work but it didn’t for me in this case.

Latest posts

Back