"BBC" Pure Hop Pellets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But just to add, I wouldn’t use the BBC hops on the hot side. It’s a waste of them IMHO. I just reserve them for dry hopping only.
We've had that discussion earlier in the thread. They cost about the same and it would be lunacy to use inferior hops (American "C" hops deteriorate pretty quick) because of a (misguided) belief that these hops only have value as dry hops.

But , going back to the question by @foxbat; on second thoughts, as the hops have undergone a physical "concentration" in the "BBC" process, I'd probably use them at 2/3rd the rate of ordinary pellets for dry hops too. At least initially. I found dry hopping with them a bit of a shock to start with, but two weeks down the line they have mellowed somewhat. But they flavours are still a bit "raw" which I'm hoping will mellow some more in another two more weeks. Perhaps better to scale back with them as dry hops at first and then starting increasing the volume if preferred.

Latest posts

Back