BBQ.... REPLACEMENT REQ!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_20201111_134054.jpg

Hello all
Today I decided to replace some bits on my dying BBQ....and have a bit if a scratch at it...seems like it's knackered! I had some new flame shields to fit as the others had burnt away...
I've patched the hole with some bits of the old flame shields,cleaned it up and fitted the new bits... amazingly it all works!!
IMG_20201111_134054.jpg
IMG_20201111_144659.jpg

But....I will need a new one. It gets used probably every week,rain or shine.
Any recommendations? I'm looking at the Weber Genesis 11 at the moment but open to suggestions. Must have a side burner!!
Cheers
Clint

If you use it that much then get the Weber if you OK with the cosr. Their stuff is deserved of its rep*. I don't have any of their gas bbqs but my smoker and kettle are still as good as the day I bought them over 10 years ago. If was gonna get a gas grill then I'd be getting another Weber almost certainly. Might actually get my head chopped off this time tho if I bought another BBQ!

(*Yes I know their pellet smoker hasn't been well received).

I couldn't work out what I was looking at, thought it was a brick bbq for a second. Can't help sorry, I use my cadac loads and find that good.

Leon123....you got it? The bricks are what can be seen through the hole in the back of the BBQ...it's my garage wall!

Well...the thing is I'm cooking on it every week...this time of year in the dark and in the rain. I use the side burner every time and usually the rest of it so piddling about with charcoal isn't happening...
I will however when I build a tandoori oven...but I shall still need the side burner...

I cook outside for a couple of reasons..
I like it.
It's curry / Indian...the Mrs doesn't like it!
So I'm doing one/two portion size,quickly. So charcoal isn't an option really.

Latest posts

Back