BBQ thoughts....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weber always seemed over-rated to me, so after a variety of BBQ’s I finally finished up with a Dancook 1300. It’s a fantastic bit of kit.

I modified both a Chapati Pan (bought in India, it is basically a slightly curved steel plate) and a Pizza Stone so that they fitted inside the hood: and built a low table so that I don’t have to bend over to cook on it. (Old age keeps creeping up on me!)

I can cook almost anything on the Dancook; and after about ten years, I still don’t know how the air flow keeps the charcoal burning, but it does!

https://www.dancook.dk/product/dancook-1300
Enjoy.
:hat:

20220609_200336.jpg

Here we go...

Enjoy Clint. I use my Master Touch every weekend, all through the year. It’s a great all rounder. A butterflied leg of lamb is incredible, as is chicken and everything else. Happy BBQ’ing.

Attachments

• 5C1FEC6E-8E8E-4BA8-9E9F-F04DB5362409.jpeg
    5C1FEC6E-8E8E-4BA8-9E9F-F04DB5362409.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DD0B69F5-E3AE-4AAA-8CAF-7B1BDD0F0315.jpeg
    DD0B69F5-E3AE-4AAA-8CAF-7B1BDD0F0315.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 0
Remember Clint to turn off your top and bottom vents when finished. The coals will cool down and you will be able to reuse them. I put old coals in first and add fresh charcoal into the chimney starter. Enjoy

Remember Clint to turn off your top and bottom vents when finished. The coals will cool down and you will be able to reuse them. I put old coals in first and add fresh charcoal into the chimney starter. Enjoy
Thanks pal...its a steep learning curve! Just took the first lot of burgers off...everyone is well impressed...got chicken kebabs cooking indirectly now...nothing is sticking to the grate.

Well...I've only cooked the "standard"...just to try my new kit...all from a local butchers.
Burgers were very good..if a bit charred one side!
We've just eaten the chicken kebabs,indirectly cooked with lid down...perfect, with a lovely smokey back note.
Some shop made pork sausages now to use up the coal...
For my first proper attempt I'm well impressed.

Last edited:
A bit smoother tonight. However I'm a bit cack handed putting the coal out of the chimney, lifting the middle grate,and dumping it in. I've chosen to start with a bit of direct cooking so not using the flip up sides.
Any tips?

A bit smoother tonight. However I'm a bit cack handed putting the coal out of the chimney, lifting the middle grate,and dumping it in. I've chosen to start with a bit of direct cooking so not using the flip up sides.
Any tips?
Silcone/mylar bbq gloves. Cheap on amazon, but withstand picking up stray hot coals.
DSC_0074-03.jpeg

Lift the cooking grate off the BBQ first. Light your charcoal chimney on the charcoal grate. Then when the coals are ready pour your lit charcoal into the charcoal baskets and using a tongs set up your charcoal baskets to how you want to cook. Then when ready put the cooking grate on the BBQ and close the lid with the vents fully open to heat the bbq for 5-10 mins. That’s how I do it.

Latest posts

Back