BBQ thoughts....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't throw away the burners!

The back of my old outback rusted through and the burners rest on that part. I drilled the sides of the bbq and inserted a 1m long M8 threaded bar from Toolstation and have rested the burners on that - works like new. Would probably use M12 if I did it again.

View attachment 70920
The burners were..well...burnt through!

+1 on that weber, i love it, can do a whole chicken etc. But by gum they are expensive now!! I leave mine outside year round, just put a cover on in winter, it is happy
+1 on the weber kettle and likewise when did they become so expensive! Has anybody used a weber pizza stone? I'm interested in how they perform as a pizza oven.

Different location, same nonsense. My other Weber, didnā€™t make it as far as the beach this time but who cares. Cooking with a Pilsner Urquell, which is rather tasty.
44E917B6-D0C8-47CE-BCC1-19B7614686DF.jpeg

Different location, same nonsense. My other Weber, didnā€™t make it as far as the beach this time but who cares. Cooking with a Pilsner Urquell, which is rather tasty.
View attachment 70933
Which one is that A?
Mine is firing up right now! I've knocked up a dry rub today and massaged a couple of free range chicken legs to try.

Which one is that A?
Mine is firing up right now! I've knocked up a dry rub today and massaged a couple of free range chicken legs to try.
Itā€™s a Smokey Joe with the wee chimney. I use the Weber Briquettes up here, usually on the beach. 2hrs cooking time easy and then you flip back the lid and it converts to a fire pit.

BBQ chicken legs sound awesome. Whatā€™s in the rub?

Itā€™s a Smokey Joe with the wee chimney. I use the Weber Briquettes up here, usually on the beach. 2hrs cooking time easy and then you flip back the lid and it converts to a fire pit.

BBQ chicken legs sound awesome. Whatā€™s in the rub?
Rub....
Paprika,pepper,garlic granules, onion powder,dried coriander, dried thyme, coriander powder and salt..

+1 on the weber kettle and likewise when did they become so expensive! Has anybody used a weber pizza stone? I'm interested in how they perform as a pizza oven.
I tried, but couldnā€™t keep the heat up for any reasonable length of time. I had similar issues with the Kamado too, although part of that was probably charcoal choice. If youā€™re going to cook pizza regularly, pick up an Ooni or a Roccbox either new or second hand. They work like a treat every time with zero effort on your part.

I bought a Pizza stone last year in LIDL. It works great but to be honest a faff in the BBQ. Works better in the oven. The BBQ takes twice as long to cook a pizza.

I bought a Pizza stone last year in LIDL. It works great but to be honest a faff in the BBQ. Works better in the oven. The BBQ takes twice as long to cook a pizza.
Just make sure that the stone doesnā€™t touch either a worktop or an electric ceramic hob!

SWMBO still doesnā€™t know where the scratches came from; and I want to keep it that way, as my ā€œovenā€ stone is now cut down and used in the BBQ!
:hat:

Hey guys! šŸ¤Ÿ

The barbecue went really well last night!

For those that were asking, the char siu pork was so moist and yummy, considering how long itā€™d been on the barbecue. However the star of the show was the brined chicken thighs with cherry barbecue sauce. Will insert a picture below of the recipe. It was sooo good!

I know Iā€™m a little behind the times of you barbecue kings but Iā€™m never doing chicken again without brining!

We had homemade burgers, sausages, the chicken, my pop kebabs (pork, onion and pepper), then I also made a deli pasta salad, a sour cream and chive potato salad and some cheese coleslaw.

Needless to say thereā€™s piles of food left and weā€™ll work our way through it slowly. A few pics are below. If any of you havenā€™t tried the chicken recipe I highly recommend it.

7ACCE2E9-A0F9-4A0D-BC8E-2164993B5169.jpeg
C0CEBBBB-4843-43C0-8D84-6570BAD823EE.jpeg
BAEDCA1E-445D-4368-ACB4-6FB8B4F3F155.jpeg
9C3B9D5C-06A3-43D4-AABF-E892AF94F0DD.jpeg
EC9098BB-D899-4E49-9EC6-B23743CA58C0.jpeg
FE276460-3508-4A96-86B7-AA1EDA0F5CE2.jpeg
7712EF65-F79A-416A-A2C4-F0383527202B.jpeg
D8265F37-9FDC-4DCD-BD5E-E8B015CDF0CE.jpeg
4DB87314-CE54-4FDB-A788-49A2C62196F0.jpeg
66650333-B516-40F3-A0FA-20C6F15D5F28.jpeg

Back