Beards.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beards - keep or shave.

• I have one and will be keeping it.

• I have one and will shave it off some time in the near future.

• I have tried to grow one in the past but prefer to be clean shaven.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The end of the beard trend has been predicted do you have one have you any intention of getting rid?

I have never managed to get past the two/three week itchy stage it drove me mad every time.

Well, my wife asked to grow a beard, so I will keep it. I almost never follow trends btw. (only once, grunge, but I was already a heavy metal fan 10 years before that).

I have a brown-ish/red-ish beard, I have mostly worn a full face beard since I was about 19 ( just north of 30 now), well before it was a trend and will likely keep it once it goes out again.
Mostly grow it for 2 months or so then trim it down to about 5mm.
Have on occasion had beards so large I could hide pencils in it...

I have one at the moment infact just freshly grown. I did have one for ablout 6 months during lockdown but then shaved it off and have just re-grown it is the last week or two out of damn laziness and not liking shaving but do not think it will last.
Ps its white now

I have a big bushy one atm!
It'll be shaved in the summer.
Then I'll grow a big old Mexican 'tash.
Then a smart long stubble beard
Then a goaty
And so on

I like to change it lots. Keeps people guessing 😎

Last edited:
Hmm. Tricky.
I would say I usually sport a short stubbly beard, never had patience to grow a full length one.
It doesnt give even coverage, so no Victorian lamb chops for me.

When I was younger & had pigment in my beard I would try until I encountered someone else with a beard who was being a knob, at which point I would shave it off, not wanting to be associated with that kind of behaviour 😁
Now, well meh, just put up with my stubble.

My dad used to have what I call a 'Billy Ocean' beard 😂

It only used to grow round his upper lip and chin, nowhere else.

There is another description for this growth pattern but far too obscene for this forum ha ha!

I have one for a while and then shave it off every now and again to remind me what my face looks like/freak out my two small kids. I’ve also been pretty bald since my 20s so the beard gives me at least some hair on my head. The only issue I have is I’m getting a couple of white patches that become longer streaks as it grows, my wife says it’s a sort of Afghan Warlord vibe, not really the look I was going for.

Trend? What's that? Had one in the 'old Navy', then the went away... When I retired from the service, i threw the razor out. Been fuzzy ever since. My sons (30 & 28) weren't old enough to remember what i look like without one.

Latest posts

Back