Beaverbrook Barolo?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slurp

Reaction score
Has anyone made this red wine kit i fancy giving it a go also wheres the cheapest place to buy from?

its a cracking kit, well worth doing . . . . I found 19C to be the best temp for fermenting, and if using the oak then be prepared for around 12 month minimum maturation . . . . It does improve past that . . . quite significantly IMO

:thumb: cheers i will give it a go i aim to let it mature 18 months atleast i will probably make a cheaper red in the meantime to drink this summer

i can't find beaverbrook kits, so i'm guessing you mean beaverdale - i have to guess cos i haven't done a kit yet :D

i don't know what prices you've got already but this one does it for £39 for a 30 bottle kit, don't know if that includes postage (unlikely i guess). it comes with a topnotch customer rating.

http://www.brew-it-yourself.co.uk/shop/ ... ath=51_109

:lol: yes beaverbrook some sort of lord i guess more a consumer of fine wines rather than a producer.
I have seen the 30 bottle kits go for £36 but then you usually have to add postage ,one internet homebrew site did free postage if you spent over £48 i just want to know what other people pay.Its a shame we couldnot bulk buy but i suppose any postal costs would ruin a deal unless everyone lived close by and would need to find a supplier who would give a discount

here's hoping we can bump up our numbers and get into bulk buying. There's already a number of folks here who meet up from time to time, I think mostly AG brewers, but one or two might get into wine especially if bulk buying brings the price down a bit.

Where do you live slurp? Surely there must be a homebrew shop nearby. My homebrew shop is actually a little cheaper on most things online. And you dont have to pay the postage ontop too.

sheffield and yes there is a hb shop near by but i like to check i am not paying thru the nose,it does seem the postal costs will make the on line shop more expensive

Just ordered a Beaverdale Shiraz, anyone done this one?

p.s sorry for the thread hi-jack, but they were so similar requests. :whistle:

KevP said:
Just ordered a Beaverdale Shiraz, anyone done this one?

Yep - it's a good kit. I've done the 6 bottle one and the 30 (which I'm currently supping, albeit months too early). Very nice kits. The oak chips work well but the wine needs 6 months+ to mature properly so be prepared to wait. It's well worth it :cheers:

Latest posts

Back