Beaverdale Shiraz

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogman

Reaction score
Four weeks ago I bottled my six bottle kit, and I have to say it tastes beautiful. I'm so impressed, the larger kit is on order.
In my previous job I travelled the world, and on one occasion stayed on a P & O cruise liner with wines costing well over £50 a bottle. These didn't taste anywhere near as good as this. I'm well impressed. Enough said.
Glenn

I tried a Wilko Black Cherry previously adding Blackcurrant concentrate, but way to sweet. I know where I went wrong, but this Beaverdale Shiraz really impressed me.

Their chateau du roi I also like. The merlot is good but a little too soft. They beat the pants off winebuddy ****... of which I'm putting 2x30 bottle kits on tomorrow. The whites are a lot better in the winebuddy kits.

I like the Cabernet/shiraz as well....California connoisseur is my go to for merlot which i make mainly for friends. Agree with Drunkuler that whites and rose are more forgiving. Enjoy

Last weekend I finished off the Beaverdale Merlot that I'd brewed maybe 18 months ago, it was fantastic, took the opportunity to do a side by side tasting with the same kit but only a month old. Still drinkable but massively improved by aging.

My first try at wine making so tried 30 bottle Shiraz kit, I can only describe it as fantastic
Have just started a Nebbiolo (Barolo) and hope I get the same results

I also made the Shiraz, and likewise tasted great. As a result, I've ordered three different Beaverdale Reds.

+1 for Beaverdale. I've now done about 6 of the 'expensive end' wine kits and Beaverdale has yielded the most consistent results - California Connoisseur is also good, but I have ended up with some of their's that don't quite have the fuller flavour of the Beaverdales. I did the Shiraz also, it was very good but I'd put it at £7-8 in the supermarket. No more than that.

Back