Beaverdales Cabernet Sauvignon Review

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
had a little taster last night and pleasently suprised as it is my first wine i have done . It has a nice fruity flavour and a hint of the oak chippings it has no real smell though but its nice at this early stage . I would do this again ,atb wayne

Hi Wayne I have 2 30 bottle kits which i have started drinking after about 6 months. They are very very tasty. Plenty of depth and berry flavours very robust. :thumb:

The only problem I have had is that mine developed a bit of diacetyl during fermentation (slight butterscotch), but if you let the wine breath at room temp for 3-4 hours this disipates.

Mighty fine wine. :thumb:

Thanks for the heads up, my wife wanted to have more than a taster as it was that good but i am going to not give in and leave it to mature.
we go on holiday next week so while i am away a few more kits will be going on so i build up a nice stash ,I cannot believe how good all my kits have been so far I am glad i read up on here first and chose from recomendation as her indoors now has given me the green light to try more, i think she thaught that it would fail and waste our money, thanks once again wayne

This is my first Beaverdale kit and at this stage, fined and in the polypin, I can't say it is any better than the cheaper Cellar 7 version, which is ready to drink in 7 days.

I've got this kit in the fermenter as we speak! Can't wait for the end result.
I added some 100% red grape juice the fermenter and only topped up to 20L

I've got this kit in the fermenter as we speak! Can't wait for the end result.
I added some 100% red grape juice the fermenter and only topped up to 20L

This kit makes a nice red but I've mentioned in other Beaverdale reviews it's hard to spot the grape variety they say is in the kit. I'd love to know if the extra grape juice you've added will improve the end result, keep us informed Tori.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back