Been Offered a Grainfather and other gubbins....

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
A friend of ours asked if I was interested in buying any of his home brew stuff as he's giving up. I knew he did a bit of all grain brewing but had no idea as to his setup, kind of assumed he'd be doing BIAB or something like that. Thought if he had a boiler I might be interested in that as I fancy a dabble in extract brewing but at the moment I only brew kits due to the constraints of time, family and so on.

Anyway went for a look yesterday to find out that he has a Grainfather and sparge water heater amongst other things. Quite a bit on offer, think he said there was a Grainfather fermenter too (I'm assuming this isn't the conical). The Grainfather itself is probably one of the early ones, just had the manual controller but I know these can be upgraded, I guess not much else has changed on them?

Wants £300-350 for all of it. Can't decide, don't know how much I'll use it but then again seems like a good deal. Decisions....

the baron

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems a good deal but only if you are going to use it if not then its just a dust catcher

Spit

Keepersbrew
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like the Baron said if you are going to use it and it looks ok I'd certainly buy it.You won't lose out on it if you sell it on I'm sure.

IainM

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bargain, and good kit, but you're looking at 5 hours per brew. If you do it your beer is going to be so much better than kit beer.

Deadhead

Female Brewer
Reaction score
Ooooh, sounds like an amazing deal! Lots to think about I guess, if you have the time and inkling to brew all grain!