Been Offered a Grainfather and other gubbins....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graz

Landlord.
Reaction score
A friend of ours asked if I was interested in buying any of his home brew stuff as he's giving up. I knew he did a bit of all grain brewing but had no idea as to his setup, kind of assumed he'd be doing BIAB or something like that. Thought if he had a boiler I might be interested in that as I fancy a dabble in extract brewing but at the moment I only brew kits due to the constraints of time, family and so on.

Anyway went for a look yesterday to find out that he has a Grainfather and sparge water heater amongst other things. Quite a bit on offer, think he said there was a Grainfather fermenter too (I'm assuming this isn't the conical). The Grainfather itself is probably one of the early ones, just had the manual controller but I know these can be upgraded, I guess not much else has changed on them?

Wants £300-350 for all of it. Can't decide, don't know how much I'll use it but then again seems like a good deal. Decisions....

Seems a good deal but only if you are going to use it if not then its just a dust catcher

Bargain, and good kit, but you're looking at 5 hours per brew. If you do it your beer is going to be so much better than kit beer.

Ooooh, sounds like an amazing deal! Lots to think about I guess, if you have the time and inkling to brew all grain!

Latest posts

Back