Beer Can Chicken

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burlyman

Reaction score
Time to flash up the BBQ........

Anyone tried a beer can chicken..?
Please share your tips and / or recipe..

bc.jpg

I use this sauce for my rotisserie chicken and it is literally the best chicken you've ever tried. No reason you couldn't use it for beercan chicken too. I don't add the 3 tsp of salt though, as I want to live! 1 tsp is enough.

https://www.photosandfood.ca/2016/11/13/portuguese-style-roasted-chicken/
Also, add some potatoes to some of the sauce and cook along with/under (if rotisserie-ing) the chicken. Heavenly.

It's not the beer that's being drank (that steams into the chicken I presume) it's all about the chicken in this thread.

:laugh8: yip cooking and flavoring the chicken on a bbq with the steam from the beer... different style beers will give different flavors to the meat I presume..

I found it worked well on a closed lid BBQ. But not as good as just a spatchcocked chicken. And I also think it works best if you drink 3/4 of the beer first, else the beer doesn't get a steam on. (And also you drink more beer).

I found it worked well on a closed lid BBQ. But not as good as just a spatchcocked chicken. And I also think it works best if you drink 3/4 of the beer first, else the beer doesn't get a steam on. (And also you drink more beer).

I can't help to think it's a bit of a myth.. still have to try it myself.. I do cook on my weber bbq at least once a week, but never tried a beer can chicken..

I got told about it a few years back (maybe 10) from a Canadian in a bar over there and he couldn't believe that us brits didn't do it. Although I've never tried it it supposed to be really good.

I've done this quite a few times, works great. If you don't fancy using an actual beer can you can buy special beer can roasters now. I just oil the chicken put a rub on, stick a half full stubby beer can up its @rse and put in the middle of the weber cooking indirect. Don't use a larger beer can as you may struggle to get lid on BBQ.

Back