Beer gas or CO2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have just ordered 2 kegs and (hopefully) all the other pieces I need for them. Im about to order the gas but wondered what others use. I noticed the beer gas (CO2/N2) is actually cheaper than CO2, do others use this? what ratio is best if you just have 1 gas bottle and use it for a variety of beers?

Im planning on ordering from here https://www.gas-uk.co.uk/rent-free-gas-cylinders/beverage-gases

I have just ordered 2 kegs and (hopefully) all the other pieces I need for them. Im about to order the gas but wondered what others use. I noticed the beer gas (CO2/N2) is actually cheaper than CO2, do others use this? what ratio is best if you just have 1 gas bottle and use it for a variety of beers?

Im planning on ordering from here Beer Gas Cylinders & Tanks, Beverage Gases Online – Gas UK
Hi super old thread I know but did you get gas from GAS-UK? Just wondering what they are like I'm struggling to find anyone else that will delivery

I got my first cylinder from them then they bumped their prices stupidly high and I found a supplier about 5 miles from where I live so never used them again.

One thing I never noticed with Gas Uk is although the delivery is free you need to pay to have the empty picked up, think it was either £10 or £20.

Have you tried HobbyWeld? Thats who I use now and a lot cheaper than Gas-UK. They do food grade CO2 and have branches all over the UK

Thanks I've emailed a hobbyweld agent near me (Leeds) to if they stock it, from looking at the hobbyweld site they don't appear to list that they supply food grade CO2 just the welding type.

Ye, doesnt show on their website but the ones I get definitely are food grade, just make sure to request food grade when buying them, hopefully your local one will stock it or at least will get it in for you. I actually have 2 now as I have one plumbed into to keezer and one upside down in the garage to refill sodastream bottles.
They arent the cheapest place compared to what others are getting on here but it should last 6-12 months so an extra few £ isnt really a big issue. I pay £65 deposit (refundable) on the bottle and £35 per fill.

Latest posts

Back