Beer in my corny

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NickW

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've got beer in my corny, and its been pressurized at 12psi outside in the outhouse (cold) for about 5 days. There appears to be no carbonation occuring - am I being impatient?

Have you checked your seals for leaks?

How often have you been topping up the pressure?

Well, any kind of carbonation is good! It appears, and tastes completely flat at the moment.

I dont think there is a leak, the co2 canister has been on and connected constantly - and still has gas in it.

The cider in the corny next to it has been carbonated quite well, although I did have this on a higher pressure for a couple of days. -- Although, the carbonation on the cider seems more like the kind of froth you get with a bitter - rather than the sparkle of a cider! (or perhaps its just the first pint at the bottom of the corny?

Ok so no leaks and it's been connected for a week.... :hmm:

What pressure is the beer keg at currently?

Hmm can't see any reason why it would be flat if you've got it at a constant 12 psi for a week.

Go sit by your regulator for an hour or two and see if you can hear it releasing pressure into the keg. Have a few pints of cider while you're there to pass the time. The reg shouldn't be doing much at all if you've got no leaks.

Weird.. just checked it again and its fine! Pushed the tap backwards and got a decent head on it too.

Awesome :D (and weird, dont know why it was flat before)

Latest posts

Back