Beer in regulator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think I might have got a bit of beer up in the regulator. I de-gassed the keg and it foamed up a bit and saw beer and foam come up the line as the regulator was set to a lower pressure (20psi in keg, regulator set to 12psi). School boy error I guess. Not 100% sure if the beer got as far as the regulator..it didn't shoot up the line under pressure, more driven by foam. I've removed the line and no sign of been in the regulator as far as I can see but can't be sure.

Shall I just crack on and hope or assume beer got up there and look to strip down the regulator? Not sure how catastrophic it is getting beer into the regulator. Thanks.

Thanks.

If I were you I'd take the regulator apart and check, it really isn't difficult to do and you really don't want beer drying in the regulator as it will cause it to stick. I've got beer in mine before, stripped and cleaned it, dried and back together and still working fine.

I fitted a non return valve in my gas line so this can't happen, might be worth fitting one.
They are about £5 or less

Thanks Matt. I did try to source one when I first got the regulator but everywhere was sold out at the time. I’ll take another look. Normally I’m just really careful about relative pressures to prevent but slipped up on this case. Also think I’ve filled this keg with more beer than before so less headspace so maybe got caught out with foam.

Latest posts

Back