Beer kit at Ocado

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ocado sometimes have interesting beers that I get via someone I know who shops with them, I was just looking at them and saw that they are doing a kit from Northern Brewer - nothing to do with me, but the US homebrew retailer that was bought by AB InBev in 2016 and sold to private equity in 2019, they were the source of the homebrew stuff that was available for a while from Beerhawk (also owned by AB InBev).

Interesting to see how they get down to a £50 pricepoint :
https://www.ocado.com/products/northern-brewer-brew-your-own-beer-kit-ruby-twist-ipa-439349011
this kit is designed to be the perfect first experience for new homebrewers. This kit provides all the ingredients and coaching you need to brew some delicious craft beer in your own kitchen. A new take on an old classic, this beer is chock full of fresh, fruity flavours, with citrus alongside grapefruit, melon, berries, lime and passionfruit. This is a new-world IPA that's sure to please everybody! (ABV 5.7%)

Your Brew Your Own Beer Kit includes:

Glass jug fermenter, screw top & airlock
Auto-siphon, bottle filler & tubing
Bottle capper and pry-off caps
BYOB recipe kit ingredients: dry malt extract, steeping grains, premium hops, and brewer's yeast
No-Rinse cleanser
Customizable bottle labels
Getting Started guide and complete instructions

You supply:

Large stockpot (2 gallons or larger)
10 standard 12-oz pry-off beer bottles

This is what got me into brewing as beforehand I hadn't the slightest clue about how to make beer, got it for my birthday last year. It makes 1 US gallon from DME and steeping grains and pellet hops and the beer was alright (Bavarian Blonde was the one I had). For a newbie it was a good intro, but the only thing I've used of the kit recently is the demijohn and airlock. The DJ is quite small though not even 4 litres. The capper is a decent one never had any issues with it but only used it for 3 or so brews before I started using PET's.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back