Beer kit recommendations

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saving the hops that came with the MJ for another brew, i added 25g of Saaz . I usually mix the wort and then leave it about 24hrs in the place that i ferment, just so it acclimatises, then add the Saaz in this case and then pitch the yeast, i then took out the saaz after a week ( it was in a hop bag). I usually leave all of my brews for 14 days in the fv before bottling/kegging.
1. You should pitch your yeast as soon as you can after the wort is prepared, unless there is good reason, e.g. wort too warm for the yeast. Arguably that is the time it is most vulnerable to nasties when there is no yeast present.
2. If you dry hop at the beginning of a fermentation a lot of the volatile oils will be stripped out of the beer driven off by CO2. Better a dry hop when the primary has almost finished or later.

1. You should pitch your yeast as soon as you can after the wort is prepared, unless there is good reason, e.g. wort too warm for the yeast. Arguably that is the time it is most vulnerable to nasties when there is no yeast present.
2. If you dry hop at the beginning of a fermentation a lot of the volatile oils will be stripped out of the beer driven off by CO2. Better a dry hop when the primary has almost finished or later.
i usually dry hop after 7 days but tried something different this time, it turned out alright but maybe i was lucky, I usually find the temp slightly too high to pitch the yeast straight away that is why i leave the wort in a sealed FV.

+1 for Mangrove Jacks Juicy IPA. I've never brewed a kit that's tasted so good just 1 week after barreling. It's genuinely delish. Starting to think I should back2back brew another so the stocks don't deplete prematurely.

Youngs AIPA - I was pleased with this, too, but I don't think it's quite in the same league.

The Mangrove Jacks Craft kits (with the recommended addition of MJ's 1.2kg of LME) are holding top spot for me atm. That said, I've just put on a Beerworks Golden Rocket, which is highly spoken of, and my first Beerworks kit. Very curious to see how Lovebrewings offerings measure up.

+1 for Mangrove Jacks Juicy IPA. I've never brewed a kit that's tasted so good just 1 week after barreling. It's genuinely delish. Starting to think I should back2back brew another so the stocks don't deplete prematurely.

Youngs AIPA - I was pleased with this, too, but I don't think it's quite in the same league.

The Mangrove Jacks Craft kits (with the recommended addition of MJ's 1.2kg of LME) are holding top spot for me atm. That said, I've just put on a Beerworks Golden Rocket, which is highly spoken of, and my first Beerworks kit. Very curious to see how Lovebrewings offerings measure up.
I'm a Mangrove Jack's newbie (well newbie altogether as I started mid October) on my 7th fermentation at the moment which is the Juicy. Smelled bloody lovely when I mixed it up. Looking forward to it. 👍

I also rate the juicy, I kegged 10 litres and bottled the rest, tasted the keg after I week and it delicious, kegged my Youngs AIPA 3 weeks ago and its nowhere near as good, hoping it will age or the bottles will be better. I bought a mj helles and another juicy a couple of weeks ago before I tasted my first juicy and started the helles. Wish I'd done the 2nd juicy first as I think that is going to be my beer of the moment. Has anyone done the grapefruit one alongside the juicy and compared them

I also rate the juicy, I kegged 10 litres and bottled the rest, tasted the keg after I week and it delicious, kegged my Youngs AIPA 3 weeks ago and its nowhere near as good, hoping it will age or the bottles will be better. I bought a mj helles and another juicy a couple of weeks ago before I tasted my first juicy and started the helles. Wish I'd done the 2nd juicy first as I think that is going to be my beer of the moment. Has anyone done the grapefruit one alongside the juicy and compared them
I'm drinking the Young's AIPA at the moment. It's a nice hoppy drink, but even after nearly a month in a cold garage, it's not cleared as I would expect.

Latest posts

Back