"Beer Masters" Amazon Prime videos

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else watching this? I have watched the first 2 episodes and although I find James Blunt a bit annoying its actually fairly good watching and been well planned out. Im interested to see who wins.

For anyone without Amazon Prime it is a reality show, 5 homebrew teams of 2 compete over 5 rounds. Each round has a theme - first was a drinkable session beer <5.5% (or something like that) and made with inspiration from your home town. Second was a Tripel with at least 2 malts and <9.5% ABV. The winning beer of each round goes into the final and these all compete against each other for overall winner. The winning beer gets made commercially with profit going to the winning team.

I remember them advertising for applicants for this. Unfortunately it was all in pairs and I’m a lone wolf.

Is there a massive amount of time between rounds then, to allow beers to fully ferment and condition?

Always thought they should do a 'Great British beer off' show.... but the pencil necks in this country would never allow such a production.

Just watched the first 2 episodes, very interesting, about time beer got some attention.

James Blunt doesn't bother me as I've never heard one of his songs 🤣

Its a shame its on Amazon with luck it will be popular and one of the main stations will copy it.

Quite often I get Prime free one month trials or 1 week for 99p.
I've never paid any more than that
The annual membership is worth every penny IMO - we use their subscribe and save for a lot of stuff (coffee, kitchen roll, deodorant, shampoo) and it saves us a big chunk compared to supermarket and probably just about covers our Prime fee.

@Hoddy and I got to the final stages of this - before the filming. Ultimately living 5 hours apart proved difficult. Will be interesting watch as I didn't think the producers had a clue.

Ultimately they wanted you to brew 5 beers within a week. All brewed together, all on existing equipment. Not sure how that would work seeing that we both pressure ferment etc. There were a lot of unanswered questions about it all and to be honest I didn't see them getting it off the ground. We also weren't happy about the sponsors which may not have fitted in with @Hoddy's brewery plans long term. I think it was more geared towards existing breweries rather than homebrewers.

@Hoddy and I got to the final stages of this - before the filming. Ultimately living 5 hours apart proved difficult. Will be interesting watch as I didn't think the producers had a clue.

Ultimately they wanted you to brew 5 beers within a week. All brewed together, all on existing equipment. Not sure how that would work seeing that we both pressure ferment etc. There were a lot of unanswered questions about it all and to be honest I didn't see them getting it off the ground. We also weren't happy about the sponsors which may not have fitted in with @Hoddy's brewery plans long term. I think it was more geared towards existing breweries rather than homebrewers.

Yeah it was the distance between us that killed it in the end. There were many unanswered questions over brew kit, when it was all going to happen. But I got the impression they were going to go for beers brewed over consecutive days for each episode and then a return chunk to sort the kegging/conditioning.

But like Leon said the production guys we had interviews with were literally clueless.

I was never comfortable with the macro beer sponsorship so although I would have liked to have had a stab at it, I wasn’t to gutted to not make it to the show in the final stages.

Latest posts

Back