Beer mixtures

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not exactly a beer mix but years ago while I was a Royal Marine I used to go to a pub in Union Street, Plymouth called the United Services. There was an old couple who were in most evenings used to drink pints of scrumpy topped with a capsule of lighter fuel!!!!!!
Fancy ruining lighter fuel by adding scrumpy.

Back in the 90s, my first shift on a busy holiday camp bar, got asked for a mild and light. Had to ask what the .... this was. Turned out to be a bottle of courage light ale and banks mild. Turned out to be quite a nice combination.

Half and half. Dark Mild ( brewed with CML Belgian yeast) and Double Diamond Export from Graham Wheelers Euro book.

Lovely!

IMG_20211128_214853.jpg

I remember in the dim and distant, when many breweries produced an old ale, some people had a mixture of old and bitter known as ‘Mother in Law’.

There used to be a jovial fellow running the Halfway House near Tavistock, who would offer a ‘Pint Across the Pumps’. This consisted of a mixture of whatever he had on draught at any particular time!

There used to be a jovial fellow running the Halfway House near Tavistock, who would offer a ‘Pint Across the Pumps’. This consisted of a mixture of whatever he had on draught at any particular time!
When I were lad in our local or any public houses for that matter, just ordered a pint of mixed 🍻

In a social club I used to drink in one of the stewards would surreptitiously pour the slops into a pint glass and serve it to anyone drunk and unsuspecting enough, pocketing the money.

Common drink in the 80s where I’m from was half bitter half lager, called a Chinese or a Golden depending on what side of the Mersey you lived. Tasted like pish tbh.

Back