Beer monster clear kegs for homebrew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wulfserc

Reaction score
Afternoon folks,

I've not got the real estate at home for a keg and kegerartor set up and I'm fed up with washing and storing bottles. Today I saw a website that supplies a home draught tap that accommodates 3 different 5ltr kegs, the clear keg that it takes looks like a mini version of a kegland product, has anyone had any experience with these? I've emailed the company for more details, for reference here's the product Clear Keg

Cheers guys.

Hi I had the same problem so purchased a Beermonster and 5 clear kegs.The kegs only hold around 4 (not 5) litres but are well made and seem to hold their pressure well.I think I under primed the beer a little but once hooked up to the machine it kept it's fizz and poured a really nice pint.I would recommend buying them they have a metal lid and are made of thick plastic.Not sure if you could self carb them maybe something I will look into in the future but more than happy with the purchase.

Hi I had the same problem so purchased a Beermonster and 5 clear kegs.The kegs only hold around 4 (not 5) litres but are well made and seem to hold their pressure well.I think I under primed the beer a little but once hooked up to the machine it kept it's fizz and poured a really nice pint.I would recommend buying them they have a metal lid and are made of thick plastic.Not sure if you could self carb them maybe something I will look into in the future but more than happy with the purchase.

Excellent, cheers for the reply mate, very insightful, I think I'll pick one up when they're back in stock, should be good for my 5 liter party kegs too.

I'm glad this topic came up. What about keykegs? They're pretty cheap as well, and I'm sure they're can be filled somehow whithout their fancy filling kit. I didn't mean to use it for day-to-day brewing, but for parties(or wherever your stainless kegs subject to dongs), or give away would be a perfect solution. Does anyone have experience with them?

Hey, apologies from bringing up an old topic, but I'm thinking about using a similar setup. Wondering how you go about transferring into the clear keg? Just pour through the top or is there a way of doing this in a closed system?

Hey, apologies from bringing up an old topic, but I'm thinking about using a similar setup. Wondering how you go about transferring into the clear keg? Just pour through the top or is there a way of doing this in a closed system?
I didn't go down this route in the end I'm afraid so I can't give any feedback, I ended up getting a couple of corny kegs and a soda stream co2 set-up, it's one of the best home brew decisions I've made.

Back