Beer not clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
Last Monday I put my Beer into a PB the Presure went up to 10.5 PSI and is staying there it its now Sunday and the beer is still cloudy should it be cleared by now Have I done something wrong here or does it take longer than a week

If it’s only been in the barrel for 6 days it’s unlikely to clear already.

Rule of thumb is 2 weeks to ferment, 2 weeks to carbonate and 2 weeks to condition. Even then it can take longer than that to drop clear.

Especially if you didnt use any clearing agents.
Irish moss helps loads

If you put cloudy beer into your PB to start with it is unlikely, after only six days, to be clear. And after only six days the beer may still be carbonating and so that could explain why the yeast is still be in suspension. Although too late this time I suggest you leave it longer in the FV for clear or nearly clear at packaging time. This normally takes just over two weeks, but can be nearer three weeks or even longer. As far as your current brew is concerned, if you believe it has finished carbonating I suggest you find a cold place into which you put your PB. This and time will then help to clear the beer. And no-one can tell you how long this will be you just have to be patient and wait to find out.

Latest posts

Back