Beer not clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeandAle

Reaction score
I have been brwing beer for a few months now (from kits) and have had some good results so far. I am having a problem with a woodfordes Norfolk Wherry, it's just not clearing. I have had it bottled for about 5 weeks now and still not showing signs of clearing. Maybe I bottled too early or I'm keeping the bottles stored too warm or too cold?

If anyone could give me some tips on storing bottled beer I would be most greatfull.

I think I just have to wait with this one as I have not brewed it before. :drunk:

My Wherry took about 3 months before it was properly clear, and that was at cellar temperature.

Grumpy Jack said:
Have you checked a bottle yet? If it tastes ok, I'd worry not and just sit and wait if you can... or drink it a little cloudy.
Yes I have checked a few bottles over the last couple of weeks. Its not that great so will sit it out as I have another IPA I did after ready to drink already
:cheers:

Next brew, when the beer is ready to bottle, syphon it into a new fermenter, put some gelatine into it and leave it to rest for 5 days or so. Then you can prime and bottle as usual. It should be crystal clear and wonderful, but like all beer will improve with a month + in the cellar.

YeandAle said:
Grumpy Jack said:
Have you checked a bottle yet? If it tastes ok, I'd worry not and just sit and wait if you can... or drink it a little cloudy.
Yes I have checked a few bottles over the last couple of weeks. Its not that great so will sit it out as I have another IPA I did after ready to drink already
:cheers:

Good planning! :cheers: :thumb:

Back