Beer of the Month (December 2018)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really quite enjoyed this. Good level of carbonation, lovely pillowy white head that lasted very well. I had mine chilled to recommended serving temp, but the flavours improved as it warmed. Quite dry and a bit of sharpness offset the spicy flavours well. Bit of grainy maltiness. Would happily drink a few of these, and the style is where I would aim at for a home-brewed wheat. acheers.

This still on? Because I gonna get one too then.

it's beer of the month (December 2018) it will be on until January :laugh8:

It would be great to get a few more joining in.

Edited, original reply looked too sarcastic!

Last edited:
Got a bottle of this today, not a style I usually go for but enjoyed it!

Not much to add on the tasting notes but I did also get a bottle of the dunkel version which was obviously darker and has a little more malty/sweet character, both very good! :beer1:

Sweet. Banana-y, a bit too, but I haven't aten a whole banana since 2001, so I might notice it too much. Could do with more cloves, I miss a bit of sharpness on the sides of the tongue, might have to do with low amount of hops. I'm used to lots of hops.
Concluding: beer well done, just not to my taste.

Extra pic of bunny, he likes nanners.

20181216_184926_HDR.jpg
20181216_150451_HDR.jpg

I don't dislike this beer, but its not really my cup of tea - I wouldn't want more than one.
Echoing what others have said but its all about the yeast. I thought it was very clovey at first, but became more bananaery as it warmed. It did have a lovely full soft mouthfeel but for me it was lacking a few IBUs to be nicely drinkable & it was quite hard going.
Pleased to have tried it though - looking forward to next month's beer :cheers3:

Latest posts

Back