Beer & sunlight?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craft_ales_project

Reaction score
Here's a question for you; why is it that beer seems to taste different when brought outside and consumed in bright sunlight? I've often wondered.

Edit: To be more specific, to me it appears to enphasize certain aspects of the beer, maybe enhancing the barley or malt taste somehow, I'm sorry I don't have Oz Clarke or Jilly Goulden's ability or vocab to drill down on what it is I perceive!?

Here's a question for you; why is it that beer seems to taste different when brought outside and consumed in bright sunlight? I've often wondered.

Edit: To be more specific, to me it appears to enphasize certain aspects of the beer, maybe enhancing the barley or malt taste somehow, I'm sorry I don't have Oz Clarke or Jilly Goulden's ability or vocab to drill down on what it is I perceive!?

I only seem to get with my home brew. Can go in the sunshine and it gives off an odd aroma and muted flavour. Go back inside and it disappears and the normal flavour and aroma returns. Very curious.

I've only noticed it with a few beers and there doesn't seem to be any commonality between them.

I only seem to get with my home brew. Can go in the sunshine and it gives off an odd aroma and muted flavour. Go back inside and it disappears and the normal flavour and aroma returns. Very curious.

I've only noticed it with a few beers and there doesn't seem to be any commonality between them.
Yes, it's weird, but I get it with any beer commercial/home. One of the reasons I'd always be a pain and resist my chum's pleas to go outside!

You can tell I'm a beer nerd..

Latest posts

Back