Beer swap reviews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will kick it of with @Hazelwood Brewery doppelbock I had earlier
Pours a lovely dark brown with red highlights when held up to the light. Perfect carbonation and excellent clarify. Nice tan head which lasts
Aroma, big hit of sweet malt, roast and a hint of chocolate
Flavour, really nice. Big toasty bread with nice sweet malt. Very coating on the palate. Chocolate on the after taste with low bitterness. Clean finish
I have never tasted a doppelbock, this is spot on for my tastes. If mine tastes similar I will be a happy man.
Thank you for sending 👍

IMG_20210219_211337989.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What score @samale ? Scores are shortcuts for all that flowery aroma with hints of this and that malarkey which nobody wants to read, and well frankly I have no reference for because all my beer tastes like a bowl of washing up liquid sucked up through the exhaust pipe of a Suzuki A100 (yes, double checked).

I get confused by too many words and from the description it sounds like you had sickly blood flecked turds spread on fizzy toast with a taste you can't shift. I'm not sure that's quite right - sounds a bit mad to be honest - so a number score would really help.

Thanks.

So had a winter dark saison delivered from @samale
Luckily he sent a 500ml bottle so went splits with the missus.
Poured amazing. When held up against the light, a beautiful deep amber colour.
Head retention good that held till the last sip.
Roasty leather on the nose.
Flavour wise, pruney dark ripe stone fruits with hints of dark chocolate. Light spicy tones.
No acidity.
I really couldn't come up with a single negative about this beer.

Liz- beautiful dark colour. Ruby in the light.
Great head with perfect carbonation. Bubbley in the mouth, but not gassy.
Subtle coffee and chocolate. Natural farmyard punch.
Smoth, elegant, uncomplicated and confidant.🙌🙌

I buy any Brett mixed ferm beers that I can from the likes of wild beer and siren etc. Yours punch's up there with the best.
A really timeless style that had no need for wacky additives that so often come with with these beers.
I'm just sad it's finished now👍
Thanks for the beer😊
PXL_20210221_185317794.jpg

So had a winter dark saison delivered from @samale
Luckily he sent a 500ml bottle so went splits with the missus.
Poured amazing. When held up against the light, a beautiful deep amber colour.
Head retention good that held till the last sip.
Roasty leather on the nose.
Flavour wise, pruney dark ripe stone fruits with hints of dark chocolate. Light spicy tones.
No acidity.
I really couldn't come up with a single negative about this beer.

Liz- beautiful dark colour. Ruby in the light.
Great head with perfect carbonation. Bubbley in the mouth, but not gassy.
Subtle coffee and chocolate. Natural farmyard punch.
Smoth, elegant, uncomplicated and confidant.🙌🙌

I buy any Brett mixed ferm beers that I can from the likes of wild beer and siren etc. Yours punch's up there with the best.
A really timeless style that had no need for wacky additives that so often come with with these beers.
I'm just sad it's finished now👍
Thanks for the beer😊
View attachment 41893
Really glad you enjoyed it. It turned out well for my first Brett beer. Remember the small bottle is not ready, I tried a bottle it's completely flat. Hide it away somewhere 😉

In the Newcastle upon tyne area, if there are any members close by. Brave enough to test my first 2 attempts..........

Back