BeerCat Brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Final recipe for my black kolsch, took off like a rocket so fingers crossed

5kg crisp extra pale malt
200g melanoidin malt
250g Caraffa3
100g torrified wheat

20g challenger @60
10g saaz @15
25g hallertau @15
20g saaz @0
30g hallertau @0
CML Kosch yeast slurry

MJ's M29 Saison yeast has amazing attenuation. 1053 to 1002 6.7% fermented at 27c. Looking forward to trying this!

I have a keg full of my American saison (which I've used MJ29 on for the first time) conditioning in my kegerator for the 2 weeks while I'm on holibobs.

I'm looking forward to testing that bad boy out when I get home.

Swap?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Started out doing a pale ale yesterday and ended up doing a barley wine. I was fiddling around with the PID and ended up boiling the mash after 1 hour. I was going to ditch it but the wort tasted fine so i made a BW instead. :mrgreen:

Brew 182 the accidental barley wine seemed to of been fermenting very slowly. I thought it must be a leak so i left it and hoped for the best. I came into the garage today and its going nuts. This will be interesting i did open it up once to take a peek and saw a small krausen but did not take a sample. Another thing i did was to pour 300g of sugar into the FV before i pitched, didnt even bother to stir it. If it goes **** up i will start again if not going to rack to DJ's and oak one of them. Any suggestions where to get some oak chips?

Brew 182 the accidental barley wine seemed to of been fermenting very slowly. I thought it must be a leak so i left it and hoped for the best. I came into the garage today and its going nuts. This will be interesting i did open it up once to take a peek and saw a small krausen but did not take a sample. Another thing i did was to pour 300g of sugar into the FV before i pitched, didnt even bother to stir it. If it goes **** up i will start again if not going to rack to DJ's and oak one of them. Any suggestions where to get some oak chips?

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Oak-Chips.html

I have a selection of Rye and i am trying to decide what to brew with it. I am also looking at the grains and thinking something is wrong, the colours dont seem right to me but what do i know. The cararye looks like normal rye? The roasted rye does not look very dark to me either. Anyway saying they are labelled correctly i am thinking of a Rye Kolsch;

4kg extra pale malt
250g roasted rye
250g dark rye
500g flaked rye
150g cararye

Probably going to use Saaz but could do Challenger and EKG instead.

IMG_7028.jpg

I have a selection of Rye and i am trying to decide what to brew with it. I am also looking at the grains and thinking something is wrong, the colours dont seem right to me but what do i know. The cararye looks like normal rye? The roasted rye does not look very dark to me either. Anyway saying they are labelled correctly i am thinking of a Rye Kolsch;

4kg extra pale malt
250g roasted rye
250g dark rye
500g flaked rye
150g cararye

Probably going to use Saaz but could do Challenger and EKG instead.
I am going to do this recipe, Gordon Strong's Summer Rye will be interesting not having the usual bittering hops.
www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/summer-rye/

Getting a Lager on the go today. Simple recipe with a large starter. I was going to ditch the wheat for some melanoidin to make it an all German beer but forgot. No problems recirculating. Mashed for 90m while i do other stuff.

5.5kg Ireks Pilsner
200g Torrified wheat
50g saaz @60
40g saaz @15
40g saaz @0
wyeast Bavarian lager
mashed @64.c for 90m
10m @75c

Going to cold crash the Lager today after i haver a sneaky sample. Last night i bottled up my second attempt at a NEIPA which had over 600g of hops. Sample had more bitterness than i was expecting but was as hoppy as hell. Will be trying this as soon as its carbed. Cant wait!

Getting another Lager on the go so i can reuse a yeast cake.

25l batch

5kg crisp extra pale malt
250g carapils
100g flaked oats

40g Tettnanger 4.5% FWH
20g Tettnanger 4.5% @15m
30g Tettnanger 4.5% @0m
nutrient and protofloc @15
Wyeast bohemian yeastcake

I was going to brew today but i forgot to collect any water and its pissing down. I just picked up a kilo of cascade 2016 from GEB for £18 and a kilo of experimental for the same price. Also have a sack of organic pale and extra pale and a massive bohemian lager yeast starter.

Got the raw Stout fermenting at 8am yesterday and its already slowing down considerably. Cant wait to try it.
Today i am doing a cryo hop IPA. Will be my first time using hope extract . Going to give it 40IBU's and the rest will be flamout simcoe and cascade cryo. Some are compressed powder and the rest is pellets.

5kg organic extra pale
300g caramalt
250g torrified wheat
250g viennna
250g oat husks

100g simcoe cryo
50g cascade cryo

split between flamout and DH

Back