Beermkr all in one system - Thoughts?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strange-steve

Quantum Brewer
Reaction score
Does it not boil? Or does it lowers the boiling point by lowing pressure? Just a thought.

I guess it's akin to kit brewing, with more control of the recipe.

Last edited:
Does it not boil? Or does it lowers the boiling point by lowing pressure? Just a thought.

I guess it's akin to kit brewing, with more control of the recipe.
It apparently doesn't boil, from the faq:
So BEERMKR doesn't boil. What about DMS? Or color development? Or clarity? Or sanitization?

We've tested this exhaustively. Because BEERMKR's temps stay at or below 150° F / 65°C, the wort stays below SMM -> DMS conversion temperatures.

In normal boils, the color of the wort darkens by a shade or two over the course of the boil. This is a sugar browning effect known as caramelization and malliardization. This doesn't happen in BEERMKR because the temperatures stay lower. We view this a a good thing because you can get the sugar browning effect in a way more controllable way by simply adding darker grains or caramel malts to your mash.

Clarity isn't too big of an issue either. During product development, we were really surprised at how much break matter we got at 150° F / 65° C. That coupled with the waste container on the bottom collecting brewing solids, you're left with a very clean beer.

The last thing is sanitation. Because we get up to 150° F / 65° C and hold for 30 minutes to an hour, it completes an industry standard pasteurization step.

Where can you get steamhops in the uk?

That seems to be only drawback. Other than that it’s fully open to use your own malt etc.

I think you guys are missing the point. If it works as advertised it would allow a completely hassle free way to brew experimental batches of 4 litres.

If they work then scale them up to your usual system. If they don’t youve only wasted 4 litres not 20 litres, and none of your time. There isn’t even any sanitising to do. Key phrase here if it works as advertised though.

Surely this, like the other automated brewing machines such as the Picobrew, just take the enjoyment out of the hobby (ok the cleaning isn't enjoyable!) You might as well go into Tesco and select the beers from the shelf.

It's kind of a novel concept, and at £250 is cheaper than I thought it would be after reading through. It'll be interesting to see once the first set of reviews come in how people rate the beer.

Personally couldn't justify the cost for a 4L system but if it works, I could see how it would be a neat solution for people short on time and/or space and those who like to do lots of smaller experiments.

Who knew, all you need to do to force carbonate is put your beer in a plastic bag and inject a CO2 bulb!

Who knew, all you need to do to force carbonate is put your beer in a plastic bag and inject a CO2 bulb!

easy for 4 litres id say - I also sometimes carb my 19 litres corny with bulbs ( in between gas supplies)- takes 2 or 3 to get it fully carbed at low fridge temps. Also good for serving if you want to take them somewhere

I assume it is up and running in the US as there are full page adverts in the latest edition of Craft Beer and Brewing magazine. Will keep an eye out for any reviews.

First ones will be dispatched in March by all accounts. If i can get confirmation that there will be good availability and selection of steam hops to the UK, and at affordable rate i am going to go halves on one with a mate.

Cheers for posting, I'd been wondering about something just like this a few days ago, something like a countertop breadmaker but for beer :) One thing that didn't add up is cleaning, fine when it's an easily accessible tin heated well past boiling but not so easy when it's multiple airtight chambers at temperatures ideal for bacteria growth.

Yes the hops are pre steamed to equate to a regular choice of early, mid and late additions but are all put in at beginning. At least that’s my understanding.

It's a good thing it's oversubscribed because they're going to lose money on every unit shipped out of the US if they follow through on the $329 reward.

Expect it to cost akin to a grainfather if it ever ships and goes to retail. You cannot fabricate in China, ship to the USA, courier to Europe, pay duties and taxes, add a margin for failures and returns and make a decent return for $329.

Latest posts

Back