Behind The Curve (Documentary on Flat Earthers)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I saw the documentary on the subject yesterday. According to it, a great many people believe the Earth is flat and that folks who believe it's round have been being fooled for centuries. It was very interesting to hear the arguments in favor of the Earth being flat.
What I observed that was most revelatory about Flat Earthers was that in two instances, Flat Earthers did experiments themselves to prove the Earth was flat and in each case the experiment supported the fact that the Earth was round (one with a super fancy gyroscope and one with light using distance). In spite of the tangible data, they still were not willing to concede the Earth was round.
I don't know if we have any HBFErs or not. Personally, I do not know any Flat Earthers.
1626886396151.png

I like it! I'll have to look up those words but I'm guessing they mean, in total, not exactly round.
I was once upbraided for saying, "Water is wet." I rolled my eyes even though the person was perfectly correct (water gets things wet).

We have FlatCappers near to where I live they come from a small mining village called Featherstone- because they are from mining stock and wear Flat Caps:coat:

What about the photos of our all but spherical planet taken from space? They're fake I suppose?
People need to believe something sometimes for a myriad of phycological reasons.
For those that don't know many flat earthers, rest assured they can be found right around the globe

I wonder about the "agenda" and purpose behind this nonsense.
No doubt some are simply deluded,However having lived next door but one to a "flat earther" His agenda was disgruntlement with the structure of our society,He worked for its downfall.
He even set up full blown websites to propagate his politics.

He was the full monty had it all,New world order,Illuminati,The lot,!!!!!

However some of this is produced to professional standards on you-tube,So there is Money put behind it.
It may well suit certain states to sponsor and spread this rubbish in order to damage peoples confidence in our educational system and governance.

That was certainly my neighbours motivation.(he confessed this one day).

Last edited:
So...do they actually believe the earth is flat or are they using that reason to promote other agenda? Also...if what they desire is the destruction of society,eduction, the health system,sewage,law and order etc.etc....how do they expect to fit into the chaos they create?

Conspiracy theorists believe things because it gives them grounding and makes them feel less lost in the world. It gives them a place they understand in surroundings of their own creation... it's comforting. It's quite common for people to look for patterns of events and information and link them together in a way that is nonsensical, apart from to them because they want to make sense of the order of events. Its fine really; let em be!
There is more evidence to suggest what the majority believe, but that doesn't matter.
Conspiracy thinkers are already in the minority so it doesn't bother them.
The OP hit the nail on the head when he said twice the FE ignored the evidence they found that proved them wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back