Belgian beers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross M

Reaction score
I'm a big Belgian beer fan, having been to the holy grail (for me) of Bruges many times. I've made quite a few beer kits over the last year. Munton's Belgian style has been excellent. I also have enjoyed Mangrove Jack's Saison, and Brewferm's Wit, Triple, Strong Blond and Special Belge. I have tweaked a Cooper's wheat beer and a Brewferm Wit with different yeast, dried orange and coriander seeds to attempt to get a Blue Moon style beer. The results have been good but different from Blue Moon.

I have recently bought a new brand - Gozdawa Expert Abbey Blonde and Abbey Dubbel. I've not got them brewing yet because I've still got a couple of others on the go. I'm really hopeful that the new ones are going to be good. Has anyone else tried them yet? I'd love to know.

Attachments

• IMG_20210817_193352730.jpg
    IMG_20210817_193352730.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 27
Hate to break it to you but the reviews on those Gozdawa kits have not been favourable and I haven't long ago made one, before seeing any feedback so I have low expectations. They may well be fine though.

One of the best kits I've made was the Festival Belgian Dubbel: Festival Home Brew Beer Kits

The Brewferm ones are good too, I prefer darker beers so the Abbey was good and also the Christmas though it took a long maturation to come good.

Hate to break it to you but the reviews on those Gozdawa kits have not been favourable and I haven't long ago made one, before seeing any feedback so I have low expectations. They may well be fine though.

One of the best kits I've made was the Festival Belgian Dubbel: Festival Home Brew Beer Kits

The Brewferm ones are good too, I prefer darker beers so the Abbey was good and also the Christmas though it took a long maturation to come good.
Thanks for the feedback. What a shame if it's not up to scratch. I'll make it anyway but at least I won't have too high expectations.

I've made one of the Festival kits before and it was very good. I didn't know they made a Dubbel so I'll seek it out. Same with the Brewferm Abbey. Cheers for the info.

Latest posts

Back