Belgian candy syrup - water used

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Raven Brewery

Reaction score
Hi,

So I just finished making some Belgian candy syrup using the method give here by another member.

It wasn't until the end something occured to me...I used tap water. But when I attempt a dubbel in a week or two I was planning on using spring water from the shop since I'll have to do a lot less to it to get the profile to where I feel it needs to be.

Will the Candi syrup cause any problems now? It's only 700g. Should I remake it with the same water that I plan to brew with?

Incase anyone is interested this is how it turned out 🙂. Cheers.
20211117_191309.jpg

I would look at it this way: if you buy candi syrup it wasn't made using the same water you will brew with and that's OK. I wouldn't see any concern with you not using that same water either.

Thanks for sharing the link. I've never made candi sugar and this has inspired me to do so on my next triple!

I would look at it this way: if you buy candi syrup it wasn't made using the same water you will brew with and that's OK. I wouldn't see any concern with you not using that same water either.

I had considered that actually it's a fair point.

Thanks for sharing the link. I've never made candi sugar and this has inspired me to do so on my next triple!

It was time consuming but glad I did it.

Latest posts

Back