Bench Capper

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilb

Reaction score
I mainly use plastic PET bottles but I've been saving up glass bottles and have asked friends and family to donate their unwanted 500ml glass bottles aswell. I've almost got enough now for a full batch and now is the time for me to look for a capper. I would ideally like a bench capper and wondered if these are any good, if anyone has experience with them..

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/collectio...in-lever-bench-capper#shopify-product-reviews

Get one! They do awkward bottles like Wychwood no problems...

Thanks mate athumb..
Yes I've heard about the Hobgoblin bottles and hand cappers, I've got 4 or 5 of them I think.

Easy to use, I had to put a smear of vaseline on mine until it was broken in:oops:

Thanks mate, yes the hand cappers look like a lot of effort to me!

I’ve just ventured down the crown capping bottles. I also asked a friend to save his bottles, the 660ml Stella bottles. When the kit arrived with a couple hundred caps, I tried it out on an empty one first.

Could not get it to seal, tried all combination of supplied jaw bits, but no joy. Are these bottles non standard? Or am I being obtuse

I mainly use plastic PET bottles but I've been saving up glass bottles and have asked friends and family to donate their unwanted 500ml glass bottles aswell. I've almost got enough now for a full batch and now is the time for me to look for a capper. I would ideally like a bench capper and wondered if these are any good, if anyone has experience with them..

https://brew2bottle.co.uk/collectio...in-lever-bench-capper#shopify-product-reviews
Is it all metal? It looks like the assembly that is mounted on the riser / the handle is mounted on might be plastic? I'd want all metal.

Is it all metal? It looks like the assembly that is mounted on the riser / the handle is mounted on might be plastic? I'd want all metal.

Its certainly tough enough (and easy to use, my OH has capped a few bottles and found it pretty effortless) I've had mine a good few years now, hundreds of bottles been capped, would recommend it no problem!

That’s the one I have. It’s a bit clunky, and would work best if attached to a bench. I don’t have that option so use it on the floor so I can stabilise everything with with my body weight. I needed to line up too for the the first batch I capped.

I have the same one and find it easy to use, when it new it a bit tight and I found it best to pull the bottom of the bottle toward you and twist to get bottle off once capped.

Its certainly tough enough (and easy to use, my OH has capped a few bottles and found it pretty effortless) I've had mine a good few years now, hundreds of bottles been capped, would recommend it no problem!
Thanks mate athumb..

That’s the one I have. It’s a bit clunky, and would work best if attached to a bench. I don’t have that option so use it on the floor so I can stabilise everything with with my body weight. I needed to line up too for the the first batch I capped.
Thanks mate athumb..

I have the same one and find it easy to use, when it new it a bit tight and I found it best to pull the bottom of the bottle toward you and twist to get bottle off once capped.
Thanks mate athumb..

Same as the one I've got though bought from The Homebrew Company but they seem to have put the price of theirs up so the one linked is a good price. Decent bit of kit, no problems so far and don't see why it wouldn't last me years.

Same as the one I've got though bought from The Homebrew Company but they seem to have put the price of theirs up so the one linked is a good price. Decent bit of kit, no problems so far and don't see why it wouldn't last me years.
Thanks mate athumb..

I’ve just ventured down the crown capping bottles. I also asked a friend to save his bottles, the 660ml Stella bottles. When the kit arrived with a couple hundred caps, I tried it out on an empty one first.

Could not get it to seal, tried all combination of supplied jaw bits, but no joy. Are these bottles non standard? Or am I being obtuse
The Stella caps may be 29mm as opposed to the 26mm for standard bottles.

Back