bench cappers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davereal

Regular.
Reaction score
can anyone recommend one.have seen on ebay and h.b. shops the red or black ones, both look and cost the same. £30ish.any 1st hand thumbs up welcome.bottle i have are different shapes. if that makes a difference. been having a mare with the red lever one i've got . some cap, some don't, mangle'd tops etc. it is ancient thou. cheers. dave

Brilliant review -

Bought this to replace a two handed mangler that I have used for about six months. The two handed ones are fine for an odd brew now and then but after say two kits (80 pints) it starts to become a bit of a worry as to whether it will snap the neck of the bottle.
Anywhooo I digress
Used this out of the box on bottles and immediately felt the difference. Bottle in , capped perfectly and out in less than ten seconds. As opposed to the 45 seconds to a minute , depending on how the thing felt on my old two handled mangler
So even just for the time saving, 40 pints in about ten minutes with this one or 45 minutes with the mangler, you decide.
I know which one I would go for, and did
Get one and you will not be let down
Great product and , although a lot dearer than a mangler, well worth the price if you make a lot of home brew :)

Last edited:
Flippen eck, Chippy 45mins to cap!

I bought a wilko twin lever one for a tenner with the intention of replacing it as I'd read they conk out after a bit but its done 5 or 6 brews so far and still going stong. I think the trick is not to force it

i baught this one from the irish hbc site, looks the same as the geterbrewed one.. simular price aswell when postage is added

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/c...ed-suits-26mm-and-29mm-crown-caps-p-2488.html

with euro exchange rate it works out at 25 quid delivered.. used it yesterday no probs at all, capped 30 hobgoblin bottles with ease.. at this price the hand cappers are not worth buying imho..

DSC_0440.jpg

It's 22.44 Euros on the geterbrewed.ie site, which is about £16.25. Minus HBF 5% discount, plus postage.

Aggh I didn't know there was an ie site and a discount could you point me in that direction please

It's 22.44 Euros on the geterbrewed.ie site, which is about �£16.25. Minus HBF 5% discount, plus postage.

thats a bargain.. i think i paid 12 quid for the hand capper ive got.. that is now redundent.. lol

I got one of these last year and it's a joy to use ...

http://www.homebrewcentregy.com/bench-capper-for-crown-caps

Handled everything from 330ml to 650ml sizes (but goes bigger and smaller if required), is easy to operate and adjust, takes up minimum space on the bench and the handle doubles as a paper-towel holder when not in use.

As per the instructions, please remember to rub a bit of Vaseline up inside capper before starting a session. It makes it that bit easier.

Enjoy.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/table-top-capper/

Has anyone got this one ?

Looking to see if it's any good before I go buy it

Thanks guys

That looks the same design as mine, just different colour plastic, although I paid about 30 quid for mine Inc delivery.

I came from a two handled mangler (As for using the word 'mangler' to describe the two handled effort, I concur.)

It's a breeze to use, I've capped hundreds of bottles with it with no issues whatsoever, even some that the mangler insisted on decapitating.

Latest posts

Back