Best app to use with iSpindel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best app for iSpindel?

• Ubidots

• CraftBeerPi

• TControl

• FHEM

• TCP

• iSpindel.de

• InfluxDB

• Promethius

• MQTT

• ThingSpeak

• Blynk

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
vaper here too so cell choice is always interesting. a 21700 (40T) version would be excellent (presuming your FV can take it).
Ha ha
Molicell 21700 would last a fair while šŸ˜ Great cells BTW, made specifically for Vaping.
I buy all my cells from a known online store, never ebay or market stall cowboys. Especially when you use mechs šŸ˜‰

vaper here too so cell choice is always interesting. a 21700 (40T) version would be excellent (presuming your FV can take it).
Why? The iSpindel draws a tiny current for a few seconds an hour. There is no need for a high capacity, high current cell. Mine will run for weeks until it needs a recharge.

Why? The iSpindel draws a tiny current for a few seconds an hour. There is no need for a high capacity, high current cell. Mine will run for weeks until it needs a recharge.
i would always go with max capacity possible for an application like this. admittedly 2500mah goes a long way but were 4000mah to fit the enclosure? why not? the lower the current the higher the capacity as far as this generation of cells go.

I'm also into vaping and I bought genuine cells from a site called Torchy. He offers an extra discount to those buying for vaping. I don't know the manufacturers, he has his cells relabeled with the company name, but I have no doubt about their authenticity and genuine capacity.

I'm also into vaping and I bought genuine cells from a site called Torchy. He offers an extra discount to those buying for vaping. I don't know the manufacturers, he has his cells relabeled with the company name, but I have no doubt about their authenticity and genuine capacity.
Torchy is a good seller Harry, I also use Fogstar, guy called Ben top fella. Batch tests all his cells for safety before selling on. šŸ‘

i would always go with max capacity possible for an application like this. admittedly 2500mah goes a long way but were 4000mah to fit the enclosure? why not? the lower the current the higher the capacity as far as this generation of cells go.
You'd be better having a spare 18650 and swapping for every brew. How long do you plan to leave your iSpindel in a brew after SG has stabilised? What's the point?

You can fully charge an 18650 in a few hours.

You'd be better having a spare 18650 and swapping for every brew. How long do you plan to leave your iSpindel in a brew after SG has stabilised? What's the point?

You can fully charge an 18650 in a few hours.

Why, that would involve disturbing the battery and having to recalibrate from scratch. A reasonable capacity and genuine 18650 has more than adequate capacity for any fermentation.

Got the ispindel hooked up today, WiFi OK and brewspy app working.
Anyone fancy sharing their calibration equation as it's a big faff calibrating with the suger water.

Got the ispindel hooked up today, WiFi OK and brewspy app working.
Anyone fancy sharing their calibration equation as it's a big faff calibrating with the suger water.
You need your own calibration as every iSpindel is different

Last edited:
As I make wines, as well as beers, I made up a solution of SG 1.110 and checked it with a hydrometer. Then I just kept diluting it to get 1.100, 1.090, 1.080 etc.
It only took me twenty minutes at most.

Couple of questions
Can't seem to find in brewspy how to change reporting frequency, currently got it at 5 minutes like to make it 15 minutes.
Other one is is it possible to export raw data, as I have data from a Brew not started in brewspy, half done one.
Cheers Jon

Last edited:
Couple of questions
Can't seem to find in brewspy how to change reporting frequency, currently got it at 5 minutes like to make it 15 minutes.
Other one is is it possible to export raw data, as I have data from a Brew not started in brewspy, half done one.
Cheers Jon

Cannot change the reporting interval within the app itself I'm afraid, you would have to hit reset on the board before entering config mode again.

As for exporting raw, hit 'more data' and then the icon top right corner.

Got mine calibrated today and added to the brew spy app. Works really well but I may have made a slight boo boo ! Does anyone else add a bit of pfte tape around the cap threads to make it water tight or is simply screwing the lid on tight enough ? Would hate to have to calibrate again as I haven't added the tape myself.

Got mine calibrated today and added to the brew spy app. Works really well but I may have made a slight boo boo ! Does anyone else add a bit of pfte tape around the cap threads to make it water tight or is simply screwing the lid on tight enough ? Would hate to have to calibrate again as I haven't added the tape myself.
i'm on my 3rd brew with it and just putting the cap on tight has been fine

Back